Newbie here... when i connect my 8830 with the usb cable, it always immediately recognizes the connection (via sound, charging symbol) but most times it immediately disconnects. Occasionally, it stays connected and fully synchs, but not often.

HELP PLEASE!!

thanks.

efp
    08-04-08 02:33 PM
    Have you tried the basics? Rebooting your computer? Pulling the battery out of your BB? Uninstalling/Reinstalling DM? Reinstalling an older version?
    08-04-08 02:40 PM
    I've tried all of those. Sometimes it synchs, sometimes it doesnt. I even tried a newer version of DM - same problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    08-04-08 02:46 PM
    Newbie here... when i connect my 8830 with the usb cable, it always immediately recognizes the connection (via sound, charging symbol) but most times it immediately disconnects. Occasionally, it stays connected and fully synchs, but not often.

HELP PLEASE!!

thanks.

efp
    Are you plugging directly into the USB port, or into a USB splitter? USB splitter have been known to cause problems. Have you tried a different USB port on the same computer? If you've reinstalled DM, this next item shouldn't be an issue, but if you plug the BlackBerry into the USB port before you install DM, Windows will load its default driver. You need the BlackBerry USB driver that comes with DM. If you uninstall and reinstall DM, that should solve that problem. Let us know if any of this helps.
    08-04-08 09:51 PM
    plugged directly into USB, not plugged in when DM installed
    the funny part is, that if i am persistent and keep reinserting into the usb port, eventually it connects and stays connected
    most of the time it connects (shows the little plug) then disconnects), sometimes it shows the connecting to desktop screen on the BB before it disconnects, other times it doesnt.

thanks for trying to help
    08-07-08 03:32 PM
    I'm seeing this too, but it stops if I turn off mass storage mode. Also when MS is on, it still never shows up as a drive, or rarely shows up.

Can you try turning off MS mode and let's compare notes?

Using 160 os btw, and bb mgr 4.6
    07-08-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD