I have set up 2 email addresses with no problem on my BB 9780. I have just switched to BT so tried to set up that account. The account has been successfully set up on my home pc and lap tops.

Unfortunately I get the message that the email address is invalid. Can anyone help please?

Wyn

I have just been on the phone to Vodafone who have tried to set me up but also failed.
    Last edited by wynford; 07-20-11 at 02:13 PM.
    07-20-11 12:26 PM
    I went on a BB link which I am not allowed to post but it says

1.Click the Setup Wizard or E-mail Settings icon.
    2.Press the Menu key and click Create User Name. This doesnt happen!!
    3.The BlackBerry Internet Service subscriber will be prompted with a screen stating that this is a permanent change. This change allows access using a computer browser as well as the BlackBerry smartphone.
    4.Click Next.
    5.Enter a valid user name and password and click Next.
    07-20-11 02:07 PM
    You can always forward the unresponsive email accnt. to one that works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 02:30 PM
    If I'm not mistaken BT uses Gmail for their email, try setting it up as gmail, not other. I have a vague recollection about this so could be wrong, worth a try.

07-20-11 02:44 PM
    but gmail is google mail and I have a gmail account as well. but my emails sent to my btinternet account only go to my pc and not to my phone as BB cannot set up that account
    Even vodafone has failed

I set up a gmail account as an interim measure when I was between tiscali and bt
    I have since emailed all to say I am now bt!!

I cannot believe there is not a BB user out there with a BT email address. How did you get it where ever you are.
    Last edited by wynford; 07-20-11 at 02:48 PM.
    07-20-11 02:46 PM
    Have you checked your ISP's help pages? Most ISPs provide the settings for using mail clients such as Outlook, BlackBerry, iPhone, etc. on their help pages.
    07-20-11 02:49 PM
    but gmail is google mail and I have a gmail account as well. but my emails sent to my btinternet account only go to my pc and not to my phone as BB cannot set up that account
    Even vodafone has failed

I set up a gmail account as an interim measure when I was between tiscali and bt
    I have since emailed all to say I am now bt!!

I cannot believe there is not a BB user out there with a BT email address. How did you get it where ever you are.
    I remember loging into BT email on my PC and looked ust like Gmail, I have a feeling they use Google Apps or something like that, try setting it up as gmail but insert your BT email address and password, see what happens.

07-20-11 02:50 PM
    I am searching BT web pages for the advice but still looking.
    07-20-11 03:08 PM
    Look for POP settings in the help section.

07-20-11 07:02 PM
    Thanks. I know all the pop settings etc but cannot find an option on the BB to put this information.
    07-21-11 01:27 AM
    You can also go to your carrier's BIS site using your PC browser and set up the additional email account there.
    07-21-11 02:22 AM
    I'd too suggest you to be a little patient, check out the carrier's BIS site, and see check out the options, about the account settings, it will be better if you contact your carrier.
    07-21-11 04:37 AM
    Problem now solved and how simple when you know how. Having called Vodafone last night I called Blackberry today. They blames Vodafone. My son eventually from a matter of trial and error got to it. The set up of webmail on the Yahoo site was wrong. When BT did this (can only be them as I haven't been on the site yet) they missed out a field. The question was a simple is the account holder male or female. The blackberry was searching for all fields but couldn't find this one so the email account was seen to be invalid. Problem now over. All is well again. Yes my son is an IT graduate and thank the lord for that.
    07-21-11 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD