Hi, I have a bold 9700 with AT&T. I currently have my aim.com account set up with my blackberry with no problems. BUT I recently set up another email account for my detailing business. My email address is [email protected]. My website provider I go through is webs.com. When I try to set up this email account I get an error message stating "Invalid email address or password. Verify your email address and password. If the error persists, contact scotts-detailing.com." Is my website provider / email provider not compatible with my blackberry or is there something I'm doing wrong? any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! thank you in advance!
    09-05-10 09:09 PM
    It may be because of the - in the name of it. Make one without the - just to test my theory and see if it takes it.
    09-05-10 09:24 PM
    It may be because of the - in the name of it. Make one without the - just to test my theory and see if it takes it.
    I would try that, but then I would have to buy another domain name. my domain name is scotts-detailing.com so thats what my email address is. in order to change that I would need a new website address.
    09-05-10 09:33 PM
    I would try that, but then I would have to buy another domain name. my domain name is scotts-detailing.com so thats what my email address is. in order to change that I would need a new website address.
    Just make one with hotmail, yahoo etc.... if your server dosnt like the -, it wont matter where the - is in the email.

example: [email protected]
    09-05-10 09:46 PM
    Just make one with hotmail, yahoo etc.... if your server dosnt like the -, it wont matter where the - is in the email.

example: [email protected]
    just created "[email protected]" and was able to set this email up on my bold with no problems.

...any other ideas?
    09-05-10 09:52 PM
    Yea, I believe it has to do with the server being preprogrammed to recognize email names from well established organizations like hotmail, google, yahoo etc... There was a time when I used a older version of microsoft outlook and ported all my emails accounts from the web to one place on my computer. In the beginning I was only able to use hotmail pop3 emails and after as some time had passed and new version came out i was able to add google, yahoo etc..

Its only a guess but Id be willing to bet on it. It has all the signs of being something like that.
    09-05-10 09:58 PM
    Make me a email [email protected] shoot me a password and ill tell you if it is that or not. You can delete the email after that.
    09-05-10 10:00 PM
    Make me a email [email protected] shoot me a password and ill tell you if it is that or not. You can delete the email after that.
    I just created "[email protected]"

PW: "crackberry"

you can log in at webmail.scotts-detailing.com
    09-05-10 10:10 PM
    i guess it wouldve been smart to send you the pw in a message.. oops... lol. no one has access to change the email but me so your fine.
    09-05-10 10:11 PM
    thats np, your just going to delete it anyways.

The email address is fine, however, I do believe the problem is what I thought or something related to it.

Contact your provider and have them set it up manually for you. I wasn't able to set it to my BB either.
    09-05-10 10:24 PM
    thats np, your just going to delete it anyways.

The email address is fine, however, I do believe the problem is what I thought or something related to it.

Contact your provider and have them set it up manually for you. I wasn't able to set it to my BB either.
    well, that sucks... i just called them and in order to be able to add that email I have to be on the blackberry enterprise data plan and its an extra $15 a month... oh well.. guess its not that important.
    09-05-10 10:55 PM
    Here's a work around. Set up a forwarding rule in [email protected], that forwards everything to your "[email protected]" address. At least you will get your messages, I'm not sure what will happen when you reply to them, tho.
    09-05-10 11:28 PM
    Here's a work around. Set up a forwarding rule in [email protected], that forwards everything to your "[email protected]" address. At least you will get your messages, I'm not sure what will happen when you reply to them, tho.
    yeah thats true. i could do that.. thanks
    09-05-10 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD