Sorry, I am new to this forum - so hello everyone! But I have an issue with my new Tour and I'm not quite sure how to search for topics pertaining to this problem.

First, when my phone is in the holster...how do I shut off the ringer? Is that possible? I want it to just vibrate only when it's in the holster. I have it set to "Ring when in holster?" or whatever. I have it set to "No". When someone calls, it vibrates first and then begins ringing.

Second, I find a ringtone, let's say Ringtone A, and hit "Set As Ringtone" then when I get a call, Ringtone B - the default ringer from when I got the phone - rings in stead. I've checked everything I could think of, but nothing changes it back to Ringtone A. Under sound profiles, the ring is set to Ringtone A. When I look at individual contacts, they are all set to Ringtone B. What gives?

Sorry if this wasn't clear. I'm having a hard time explaining what I need fixed and I'm sure someone here would be able to help!

Thanks!!
    12-04-09 08:27 AM
    Well first, i think you have custom ring tones for certain contacts. If you want to have the standard ringtone for these, go to contacts--select the contact--hit the blackberry key-options--and look for that costume ringtone.

When it comes to just vibrating in the holster, it depends on the profile that you have selected at the time and its options. Go to the edit profiles in the profiles menu-select the appropriate profile--phone--and make the necessary changes.
    Keep in mind that you have to do this for every profile so you can adjust these to your liking and needs.
    12-04-09 08:43 AM
    Mt profile that I always use is set to this:

Ringtone: Ringtone A
    Volume: 5
    Sound In Holster: No
    LED: Off
    Vibe: Off

And I never set individual contact ringtones. 'Ringtone A' I hit set to everyone and it still rings as Ringtone B when anyone calls - no matter who it is.
    12-04-09 08:50 AM
    Welcome aboard.
    Is all your info backed up?
    Perhaps a device wipe is in order?
    12-04-09 09:23 AM
    Make sure you hit save in the menu after setting all your ringtones.
    12-04-09 10:02 AM
    Go to Profiles and Advanced. Pick the profile that you'd like to change (example: loud, normal, etc.). Hit the Blackberry button and scroll to Edit. You can change the settings "out of holster" and "in holster" there. Save and you're done.

If you're trying to set a ringtone for a specific contact go back to Profiles and Advanced. Hit the Blackberry button and select "New Profile". Name the profile and change all settings that you'd liked changed for messages, sms, phone, etc. Save and back out to the list of profiles again. This time hit the Blackberry button and choose "New Exception". Type your friend's name on the line that says "Exception". Where it says "From" click your trackball and it will send you to your Address Book to choose the contact that you want associated with the exception. Where it says "Use Profile" choose the profile that you just created for that friend and under "Custom Phone Tune" choose the same ringtone that you just chose when making the new profile. The ringtone on the exception must be the same as the one in the profile, or it won't work properly and the ringtone will automatically default to whatever the exception's tone is set at. Save and back out to the list of profiles again. Underneath you'll see a second list saying "Use Active Profile Except For:" Uncheck "Important Calls" or leave it checked, whatever, but make sure that all new exceptions that you just created are checked.

Also, welcome to CB.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JayKayBee; 12-04-09 at 10:48 AM.
    12-04-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD