08-10-08 09:18 PM
- I had my hotmail emails working fine ever since BIS2.5 but since last week I'm not receiving all my emails on my BB. When I do receive emails a bunch come all at once hours after the original email was sent. Also, I can't seem to forward any of my hotmail emails from my BB to anyone. I get an invalid email error message. (emails I try to send to work fine if sending from my .blackberry email)
Anyone know how to fix this problem?
Thanks08-10-08 11:37 AM
- I had msn email (which is the same as hotmail) and had the exact same problem. I switched to gmail because of it and I haven't had a problem since. My carrier company's tech support said yahoo and gmail are the only free emails that update in real time.
Occassionally I won't get a few emails until 2 hours later but when that happens I just re-send my service books and that usually takes care of it. Also if you switch to gmail you can also access it's mobile website which is nice.
Hope this helps!08-10-08 11:40 AM
- I've read that this is a known problem since the 2.5 upgrade but it seems to have affected more people within the last week (myself incuded). I use Sympatico for my email which is based on hotmail. In the last 48 hours I've gone from receiving my emails hours later, to receiving very few at all.
In the meantime, I've created a gmail account which allows me to pull the messages from my sympatico mailbox over to gmail instantly. The gmail account also allows me to send emails out as if they were being sent from my sympatico account. As far as others can tell, it looks like I'm doing everything from sympatico when I'm actually doing it all from gmail.
I hope this problem gets resolved soon. It's taken WAY too long to fix and has only become worse.08-10-08 04:44 PM
- Funny you mention that because I'm having a very similar problem. I just updated my curve OS system to 4.5 and ever since then I've had problems receiving emails. Before I was getting them fine and now nothing. I've deleted the email account and set it up again to see if that works and nothing. I've sent the service books as is suggested & then it might work for a day and then stops. Right now I checked my mail and had 6 messages, none of which were sent to my blackberry. Does anybody know what could possibly be the cause of this especially since I had no problems with it before?
cylus- One thing that I do know about hotmail you might want to be aware of - if your not already- is that after 90 days you need to go back and reenter your password or else you will stop receiving messages. So if it's been 90 days and you haven't done that you may want to try it.08-10-08 04:45 PM
- I've done all the suggestions as well with no luck. I'm sure this is a problem that needs to be fixed on the developer's side.
As for the 90 day expiration for passwords, the system is supposed to send you an email (not that anyone would get it!) close to the expiration date saying your password is about to expire. I have yet to see this...but that's what I've read.
Last note: Funny thing...I received a notification on my BB in my sympatico/hotmail account about the reply to my message in the forum. Strange that I post a message in a forum about hotmail not working....and it starts to work. I think my BB may be bugged...08-10-08 05:01 PM
- Having the same problem the last few days myself with hotmail account. Stayed on the phone for over an hour with Tmobile cs and BB cs. BB cs finally said that its an issue with microsoft(hotmail). I've this email address for 11 years and its used for clients but I guess I can switch and use gmail as my primary email address. Was wondering if upgrading to 4.5 had anything to do with it? Any suggestions from fellow crackberry members?08-10-08 05:17 PM
- Hi everyone! I'm Beth and I have a 8330 and a hotmail account. My BB stopped receiving e-mails yesterday morning - I found this site while looking for a solution.
After atLEAST 3 hours on the phone with many tier 2 customer services peeps at Verizon, and more resets then I even know existed, I was *finally* transferred to a rep at RIM who explained that this is a known problem between the BB servers and the MSN/Hotmail servers and is affecting many in North America. He also said that is *should* be resolved within a day or 2. I sure hope so...I am not feeling very patient.
At first I wasnt receiving any e-mails at all, now it seems like they are trickling in...not all of them, mind you, just some and they are VERY late (several hours!)08-10-08 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD