I noticed a fair number of posts saying "My password doesn't work anymore and now it wiped my blackberry, I'm sure I'm typing the correct password". Well, hearing so many of these horror stories convinced me not to use a password anymore in fear that one day my BB will decide on its own not to accept my password. My question is, does anyone know why this happens so often? Maybe if I knew what the deal was I would set my password again. Any info would be appreciated.
    04-21-08 09:30 AM
    It doesn't happen. I think you have misread those threads. Most of them are on Suretype devices (81xx models) and the user often doesn't have the password being entered correctly.

The BB won't just willy nilly change your password.
    04-21-08 09:33 AM
    Hmm, that makes sense. Guess I should have been more observant. My bad. lol. Thanks for the info jsanders!
    04-21-08 09:39 AM
    Welcome! The other common post we see on these are forums regarding passwords is a user other than the owner trying to get in to the BB without knowing the PW, which of course wipes the devices.
    04-21-08 09:48 AM
    Okay...Major issue. I usually don't keep a password on my curve because it is obnoxious however when I go out like out to a bar, restaurant, etc. I always set one. This time I set a password when I was already drunk and now I cannot for the life of me remember what the **** it is....is there a way to unlock the phone without it?
    05-15-08 12:58 PM
    That sucks, i dont think there is any other way. Maybe you can get drunk again and then maybe you can remember what password you might have put while you were drunk before? lol. j/k. Hope it works out for ya!
    05-15-08 01:06 PM
    lol....thanks>>>I may just try that...I'll probably just take it in to T-Mobile and hope they can perform some kind of magic on it.
    05-15-08 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD