Hey guys, I created an account here to get some technical help for my Z10.

I've been using it for almost 6 months (or more now) and I love it, despite the lack of "popular" apps. All is fine and dandy until recently when it caused me some troubles.

1) Whatsapp keeps "logging off " whereby I need to key in my number again. This process takes a long time and I miss out on my texts from whatsapp. Now my notification doesn't work either, no sound or blink. I've checked my settings on the app and all is according to how it should be. My question is, has anyone else experienced this? I've reinstalled whatsapp thrice now and the problem persists. So it shouldn't be the app problem rather the OS perhaps?

2) Memory Card. It seems to me my phone could not detect images that I've taken from my phone that is saved to my memory card. I recently changed the setting to save my phone memory space. Now it's going bonkers. Tried re inserting the memory card but the problem persists.

3) Not that important, but my face detection for time shift has stopped working for sometime now. Was thinking of updating my OS and see if this solves anything.

4) my battery level shows that I'm at 80% but the phone shuts off automatically. After charging for a few minutes, it starts up and is fully charged. I suspect that the phone is not detecting the actual level of battery that my phone has left.

I've contemplated upgrading my OS to 10.1.4181 but I've read somewhere that it messes up with your contacts.

The problem now is; should I do a factory reset on my phone? Just wanted to get opinion from the community although the answer seems apparent to me. Some of this problems perhaps can be fixed without the reset. Or should I just update the OS and hope for the best?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 08:27 AM
    Factory reset may be the answer.

As far as the battery level, you'll want to re-calibrate the battery meter if you haven't already done that.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    09-10-13 08:30 AM
    Damn seems like you gjust got a dud phone man. It happens

If I were you 'd take it back to where you bought it and get it replaced. I did that once

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 08:32 AM
    I'll try a factory reset. Any comments on the 10.4181?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 09:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Seems to work for most people. A few do report issues.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-10-13 09:07 AM
    try factory reset. reformat ur sd card to fat file sys. install latest official OS v. 10.1 softw.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-10-13 09:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    I use it for couple of months, absolutely no issues!

Sent from my Z10
    09-10-13 02:56 PM
    Thanks guys. I'll try that and see how it goes before I do the factory reset

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 07:38 PM
    I've done a factory reset and it seems to be working just fine now but there's another problem....

I've backed up my phone... but it's a different BlackBerry ID. When I wanted to restore the data, it states different ID. Is there any way I can retrieve the data?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 11:51 PM