Okay, I am new to the BB world. I just got a Pearl 8130 from VZW yesterday. It was set up and working fine. I was receiving my work e-mail and everything went smoothly. Now I cannot get my work e-mail on it. I did not change any settings or really do anything. I did try to synch it up with my computer to get all my e-mail addresses on the BB (that didn't work) but I can't imagine that would have any impact on my ability to get work e-mail.

I get e-mails that are sent to my BB vzw address but not to my work address. I have deleted and setup my work account on the BB several times but that does not seem to work even though it tells me that it was set up correctly. Any thoughts???
    11-08-07 10:39 AM
    Have you tried logging into the website and resetting it back up?..I know you did it from the device, but have you tried the site?..even send the service books from the site?

Have you done a battery pull as well?

can you send from the account?
    11-08-07 10:44 AM
    If I understand what you are saying, the answer is no. I tried to set up my vzw account online but it would not let me. i had to do that on the BB itself. i do not have my box with me so I don't have the PIN and the other code i need to login.

Not sure what you mean by "send the service books from the site".

Just pulled the battery and replaced it. I will let you know if that works.
    11-08-07 10:49 AM
    The battery pull does not appear to have done anything.
    11-08-07 10:53 AM
    I was able to send a message from the BB using the work account. Does that make any sense?
    11-08-07 10:57 AM
    To a certain extent yes, it does make sense, services books are what control your device, they say what your device can and can't do, the reason why your unable to axxs the site is because you are utilizing the newest blackberry BIS interface which is 2.4, what is your company using for email?..ie..outlook 200/2003, express..

PS: Your device info can be found by going to Options/Status you PIN and IMEI can be found there.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-08-07 at 11:19 AM.
    11-08-07 11:11 AM
    we use charter.
    11-08-07 11:16 AM
    Hmm, misunderstanding here, when you log into your email, what program do you use to view it?.
    11-08-07 11:20 AM
    oh, sorry. I use thunderbird.
    11-08-07 11:23 AM
    Ok, so this is not corporate email account it's based on an ISP provided account, in this case your best bet is to contact VZW, cause all of the normal troubleshooting stuff did not work, VZW will be able to view any errors and such with the email account.
    11-08-07 11:25 AM
    now, this makes no sense. I just got one work e-mail on my device in the last few minutes but it did not pick up other work e-mails. Very odd.
    11-08-07 11:26 AM
    will do. Thanks for your help.
    11-08-07 11:27 AM
    Ya, theirs def something wrong with the routing of the emails there, like I say, VZW should be able to break it down to at least give you some kind of idea whats wrong.
    11-08-07 11:38 AM
    In case anyone else runs into this problem, I had not checked "leave messages on server until I delete them" in my thunderbird account. This needed to be done and it resolved the problem.
    11-10-07 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";