i deleted DM from my cpu and now my bb will not sync with my DM. it keeps asking that i make sure my cpu is connected to the net. what is the problem?
    08-11-08 11:27 AM
    Reinstall Dm....

Dm
    08-11-08 11:57 AM
    Hmmm did ya try reinstalling Desktop Manager? I mean it's kinda hard for your BB to synch without it!
    08-11-08 12:35 PM
    You deleted DM from your central processing unit?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 01:17 PM
    Maybe next time try uninstalling from control panel than just deleting from program files if this is what you've done. Re-install will for sure solve your issues.

08-11-08 01:23 PM
    Thanks all for responding.

1. no, I did not delete outside of "add and remove" but thanks for the condescending insult
    2. yes my central processing unit
    3. of course I reinstalled the dm.
    jerks!

I had tried other DM's (4.5 & 4.6), the problem remained. i resorted to the disk that came with my bb and am now running dm 4.2.2. that solved the problem. i'm not going back up to 4.5 or 4.6 yet. i'm still not sure why it kept asking for internet connection before allowing me to complete a sync though... since this occurred during an attempt to get rid of the cursed "red lock" firewall and bluetooth snyc that keeps getting switched off somehow, we can just chalk this up as yet another gift from Unite- the gift that keeps on giving.

Unite is like a sexually transmitted disease for your blackberry.

I think we could liken it to herpes, sudden outbreaks of useless blackberry.

You try to get rid of it and you think you did then BAM! an outbreak of Unite.

The odd thing is that it does go away when you wipe it and reset to factory and life is good for a few days then BAM! it resurfaces.

If i knew how to write my own policies, i would. it really makes no sense to me how RIM has not done a thing about this wretch virus that they let loose on the work.

I'm sure that somewhere in the unite EULA there was a clause that said "we will not use vaseline, KY jelly, astroglide, or anything else to **** you over. It will be a dry and painful experience."

I guess we all just kinda glossed it over in a rush to play with unite.
    Last edited by cvaria; 08-11-08 at 05:25 PM.
    08-11-08 05:21 PM
    08-11-08 07:42 PM
    For the record:

1. In the OP you never mentioned this was a problem stemming from Unite.
    2. Your OP never said you reinstalled DM. You later say, "of course I reinstalled the dm." You'd be surprised how often that kind of simplicity resolves a problem. You'll get better (and less sarcastic) responses if you're more specific with your issues.
    3. You don't install programs to a CPU.

I'm glad you found a fix for your issue though.
    08-11-08 07:55 PM
    For the record:

1. In the OP you never mentioned this was a problem stemming from Unite.
    2. Your OP never said you reinstalled DM. You later say, "of course I reinstalled the dm." You'd be surprised how often that kind of simplicity resolves a problem. You'll get better (and less sarcastic) responses if you're more specific with your issues.
    3. You don't install programs to a CPU.

I'm glad you found a fix for your issue though.
    1. i just refer to my computer as CPU. I know it's not the central processing unit.

2. Unite didn't make me do anything (outside of have a nervous breakdown). the delete was an attempt to get rid of the non-sense but i can't fully blame that on unite.

3. the OP was not as lucid as it could have been. you are right.

until a permanent fix for unite's evil surfaces, i will not sync my bb via USB. I'll will only use bluetooth.

no biggie.
    08-12-08 01:23 PM
    Wow. If you would follow the instructions on PROPERLY removing Unite! From the device, you wouldn't have any problems.

It asked for a internet connection because YOU checked the "check for updates automatically" box when you installed the DM.
    All RIM software is fairly simple to remove. If you would use the search function on the forum, you could find 90% of the answers to your problems. And not calling the people you are asking for help from jerks would probably help some also.

08-12-08 06:46 PM
    Wow. If you would follow the instructions on PROPERLY removing Unite! From the device, you wouldn't have any problems.

It asked for a internet connection because YOU checked the "check for updates automatically" box when you installed the DM.
    All RIM software is fairly simple to remove. If you would use the search function on the forum, you could find 90% of the answers to your problems. And not calling the people you are asking for help from jerks would probably help some also.

okay, j mc, let's review facts:
    1. There are tons of people suffering from the unite std who HAVE followed the remove directions... such as myself. You fail at being a master of mastering whatever it is you thought you were doing there, I guess you were trying to be snide. I mean, just look through the forums.
    2. The check for updates info toggle box reprimand does not resolve the dm not being able to connect to the net to check for... wait for it... wait fooorrr ittt... updates! I mean, want if I WANT it to check for updates. it's still an issue. checked or not.
    3. Strong/absolute language like "all" usually indicate the wrong answer. Remember that from the SAT?

Now mind your manners.

But thanks for the diatribe.
    Last edited by cvaria; 08-13-08 at 07:58 AM. Reason: ****
    08-12-08 08:56 PM
    I'm sorry for teasing you. I didn't mean it in any way but light hearted. Others had already given the advice I would have given you -- which was to uninstall and reinstall a fresh download of 4.5, or the earlier version that came on your cd. I am truly sorry for being a j*rk.
    08-13-08 02:17 PM
    Thanks all for responding.

1. no, I did not delete outside of "add and remove" but thanks for the condescending insult
    2. yes my central processing unit
    3. of course I reinstalled the dm.
    jerks!

I had tried other DM's (4.5 & 4.6), the problem remained. i resorted to the disk that came with my bb and am now running dm 4.2.2. that solved the problem. i'm not going back up to 4.5 or 4.6 yet. i'm still not sure why it kept asking for internet connection before allowing me to complete a sync though... since this occurred during an attempt to get rid of the cursed "red lock" firewall and bluetooth snyc that keeps getting switched off somehow, we can just chalk this up as yet another gift from Unite- the gift that keeps on giving.

Unite is like a sexually transmitted disease for your blackberry.
    I guess we all just kinda glossed it over in a rush to play with unite.
    Oh no......

You used Unite.

Well, That explains everything....I'm sorry, very sorry, to hear that.

Dm
    08-13-08 02:56 PM
    [*]Strong/absolute language like "all" usually indicate the wrong answer. Remember that from the SAT?
    HOOOOOOOOLEEEEEEEE COW does that take me back....

wow,
    Dm
    08-13-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD