I have a BlackBerryCurve 8330 on Alltel and I am in Little Rock, Arkansas

I cannot get Amaze GPS or the BB Maps to find my location, idk why, the Google Maps does not have a problem finding me, but I would really like to get one of those two to work

Any advice?
    05-04-09 09:25 PM
    anyone? I need help
    05-04-09 09:41 PM
    Google Maps can approximate your position from cell towers, even if the internal GPS is turned off or disabled. That sounds like what you are experiencing. Does Google show your location as a small dot or a large circle?
    05-04-09 09:47 PM
    Google Maps can approximate your position from cell towers, even if the internal GPS is turned off or disabled. That sounds like what you are experiencing. Does Google show your location as a small dot or a large circle?

it has a dot and a circle, and says that I my location is with about 3000 meters of that dot

and I really would like to use one of the other two over Google Maps, really I want Amaze to work because it talks to you
    05-04-09 09:51 PM
    it has a dot and a circle, and says that I my location is with about 3000 meters of that dot

and I really would like to use one of the other two over Google Maps, really I want Amaze to work because it talks to you
    That circle means Google is approximating your location. If it was using your GPS, the radius would be 3 meters, not 3000 meters. Make sure your GPS is enabled. Options / Advanced Options / GPS. Data Source Device GPS, GPS Services Location On.
    05-04-09 10:01 PM
    That circle means Google is approximating your location. If it was using your GPS, the radius would be 3 meters, not 3000 meters. Make sure your GPS is enabled. Options / Advanced Options / GPS. Data Source Device GPS, GPS Services Location On.
    it was already on and its still doing the same thing
    05-04-09 10:09 PM
    Have you verified that the GPS is set to internal in BBMaps? Alltel users have reported being able to use their internal GPS after the takeover by Verizon. Until December 2008, Verizon disabled the internal GPS for all but their subscription-based VZNav service.
    05-04-09 10:21 PM
    Have you verified that the GPS is set to internal in BBMaps? Alltel users have reported being able to use their internal GPS after the takeover by Verizon. Until December 2008, Verizon disabled the internal GPS for all but their subscription-based VZNav service.
    it is set to internal, and I don't think Verizon has taken over 100% in my area, I am in the same place as Alltel's HQ

and I really don't care about the BB Maps as much as the Amaze GPS
    05-04-09 10:31 PM
    forget the BB Maps, I want the Amaze GPS to work
    05-06-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD