Hi
    First time on Crackbberry. Hope I am on the right forum. I have a problem!! I was the successful bidder on an Ebay auction for an 8830 world edition for the Telus system. The phone came with nothing but a charger. It was password protected so I did the enter password 10 times & managed to reset the system. I now find that the phone has certain restrictions. You do a search & a message comes up IT dept will not allow download. It will not even allow me to join face book. It was suggested to me that I should wipe the phone clean of the operating system & reload a new copy of the OS. How would I do this? Telus have been less than helpful teling me that I need to go to the company who owned the phone & have them reset it. They would not tell me who that company was & thus far the seller on Ebay has not replied to my request for this info. I am off to Europe in 6 weeks & wanted to take this phone so instead of taking my lap top. My plan is to unlock the phone & use it with a Sim card from a supplier other than telus who want $3.40 per min roaming charge!!!! Any help appreciated.
    08-18-09 10:40 AM
    You have bought a stolen device. Your only recourse is to open a PayPal dispute and try to recover your money.

The Password and IT policy means this is a corporate BES device. Once it has been reported lost or stolen, it is locked out. Only the original owner can have that lock removed.

08-18-09 11:12 AM
    If that were so would Telus not have informed me? My feeling is that the company has upgraded & had no interest in the old phones. IMO
    08-18-09 11:17 AM
    Try using destop manager to reset the OS because you are not concerned with what is on the phone there shouldn't be a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD