I gotta 2010 Mazda3 with bluetooth. Before the 5.0 update, my Storm and my car drove together in harmony. I would get in, start the car, and my phone would pair-up with it, switch to Bluetooth Audio from my car's menu, and I could then start Pandora or pick and play something from the blackberry music player.

Now, after 5.0, when I get in my car and switch to the Bluetooth Audio, my damn Storm AUTOMATICALLY starts playing from the Blackberry Music Player from the songs I have on my phone. It also automatically enables shuffle mode as well. I have to shut down the media player first if I want to use Pandora. If I receive a call after I shut down either Pandora or Music Player but still have the car selected to Bluetooth Audio, after I hang up, the damn Music Player starts up again.

Ther are no special settings on the Mazda. Just the pairing process. I couldn't find anything in the Storm that would want to make the Music player automatically start playing music after connecting to an Audio Device such as my car.

I just want the phone to connect to my car and not do anything until I run the program that I want to use when I want to like I could before prior to this upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.
    10-30-09 06:35 AM
    I had the same problem, funny I had the same car, but I think it is with any bluetooth. Do you have Pattern Lock on your phone??
    10-30-09 07:24 AM
    Delete pattern lock if you have it, it worked for me. I would get out of my mazda, and music would start playing when it disconnected from the bluetooth. Try it this morning.
    10-30-09 07:40 AM
    I found that Pattern Lock will not allow you to use voice dialing while driving while using bluetooth. Just don't use Pattern Lock when in the car.

I am having a problem with the media player just starting to play a song. In holster or out of holster. This is after the 5.0 upgrade.
    10-30-09 08:06 AM
    My media player problems stopped after deleting pattern lock.
    10-30-09 08:14 AM
    i have a different issue i cannot get mine to play over bt at all in a 2008dodge ram when i select for it to play over bt the sound stops coming from the phone bit doesnt play threwthe stereo.any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 09:26 AM
    I got a 2010 Mazda 3 as well. Love the bluetooth function and use Pandora as well.
    10-30-09 10:48 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

OK, for starters, I don't have Pattern Lock - Had to look that up to see what that was...I remember seeing it in the Apps but never downloaded it.

Also, now that I messed with it some more, I just found that the upgrade does something cool regarding Pandora. So now I'm torn.

Before the update, if I had Pandora running and I would turn off the ignition of my car, the bluetooth disconnects and Pandora would continue play via the phone's speaker. I usually made it a habit to shut down Pandora after getting to my destination.

Now, when shut off the car, Pandora pauses and later resumes play at the pause point when I re-enter and start the car.

So As long as Pandora is running in the background, the Backberry won't play from its music player automatically when connected to the car's bluetooth.

So now, maybe I don't want this fixed. Not sure. I do find the conveniences appealing before and after the update.
    10-30-09 06:13 PM
    I got a 2010 Mazda 3 as well. Love the bluetooth function and use Pandora as well.
    I love it too. In fact, I love the whole car. Got a 5 door Celestial Blue Grand Touring.
    10-30-09 06:15 PM
    Hi guys,
    Same car... same issue. 2010 mazda 3. Love the bluetooth but now with 5 a couple problems. 1) Sometimes when making a call it will start to go to the phone on the stereo and then resort back to radio and my call will only come through the phone. 2) Same issue as you guys but using radio companion where the blackberry media player will just start on its own when getting in and out of the car. Need to fix this problem. I am running pattern lock and will try removing this but love this app too. It is the only thing that keeps my phone from dialing someone on its own. The normal phone lock stinks... Please help.
    11-25-09 08:38 AM
    I have this same "auto start" of the music player problem too and I don't even know what Pattern Lock is so I know it isn't on my phone. It definitely is due to the 5.0 upgrade because it started the day I upgraded. Strangely the problem is only intermittent, it only happens about once a week. Maybe we have to wait until 5.X for it to be addressed?
    11-29-09 12:17 PM
    wish I could get the storm to pair with my car bluetooth (uconnect). I miss this very much. It works great when the top is down and I need to talk to someone, but, since I got the storm, it doesn't pair. So sad!
    11-29-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD