Has anyone had success in using Miracast to view the paid BB world movies? The miracast works great for everything EXCEPT the paid movies. It displays and error message:

The file can't be played due to and unexpected error.
    (27)

I'm on a Z30, 10.2.1.1055 but my brother is having the same error on his Q10 with 10.2 official. We both have the netgear push2tv miracast.

Thanks.
    11-30-13 08:51 PM
    Same error with DLNA.

Is this not allowed due to digital rights concerns?
    11-30-13 09:17 PM
    Pretty stupid. There goes my plans of putting miracast in my truck. I'm pissed.
    12-02-13 06:29 AM
    Just tried this as well and I get the same error. The movies work fine if I use the HDMI out cable. Hope they fix this as its much cooler w/o cables hanging out of my Q10

Q10 on Verizon running 10.2.1.1259
    12-28-13 01:15 PM
    This isn't BB's fault and nothing is "broken" technically.

The problem is that the movie studios don't allow that type of functionality. They easily COULD, but they choose not to, because they prefer you pay separately to stream movies to your TV. They don't want you to be able to buy them on your phone and stream them to anything else from there. It wouldn't matter if you had an iDevice or an Android or a Windows phone; this is purely a licensing issue that ALL manufacturers have to comply with.

These types of issues are why devices like AppleTV and GoogleTV were unable to be truly successful: the movie companies blocked much of the key functionality with licensing restrictions.

Of course, just like the music industry, these DRM restrictions will only drive more people to piracy, and will only result in more lost profits for the movie companies. Sadly, they'll have to learn the hard way, just like the music industry did, and just like the book publishers are doing.
    12-28-13 04:19 PM