I just upgraded my BB 8100 to OS 4.5.0.99.

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought I read that one of the features of this OS was the ability to play music through bluetooth.

I have the Motorola H12 headset. It is not a stereo headset, but the only thing I have on my SD card is stand-up comedy. Comedy does not need to be in stereo. Mono is just fine.

I have been listening to the stand-up through the H12 for a long time now using xPlayer. So, I know it works.

However, I was hoping to be able to use the media player built into OS 4.5 since it's a little nicer looking -- i.e., shows album art, etc.

Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing, or am I going to have to continue to use xPlayer for this purpose?

Thanks in advance.
    11-22-08 12:58 PM
    My Moto S9 Bluetooth headset works well with tunes.

Check your specs, your headset does have to support A2DP Advanced Audio Distribution Profile.
    11-22-08 03:44 PM
    I understand the concept of needing A2DP, but my headset works just fine with xPlayer. It just plays in mono. Is there any way to get the built-in media player to play through the headset in mono?
    11-22-08 10:29 PM
    This was the main reason I updated to 4.5 too because I read about the bluetooth audio feature from a forum post. Maybe it was all rumor but my H12 bluetooth doesnt have the option to "activate headset" in media player even though the bluetooth services listed for this device are "handsfree" and "headset". It isnt a a2dp device but this should be very easy to implement. Good thing for xplayer.
    04-20-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD