Hey everyone-

I am using the 8100 Pearl running 4.2.1.96.

I used MaxMem to delete PPT and the default wallpapers.

It worked without a hitch on the device. However, now when I connect to DM, DM wants to put everything back on. This essentially prevents me from ever installing 3rd party software using DM.

I really don't want to reinstall the OS, because I have everything setup and configured the way I like it. I really don't want to risk losing any of my settings or my current configuration.

Is there any way to use DM to install 3rd party apps, without installing the OS again?

Thanks in advance.
    08-07-08 12:42 PM
    This is the "disadvantage" of MaxMem...

If you are going to be running DesktopManager then use CrackMem or Stoner's Memory Guide... links in my signature!!
    08-07-08 12:43 PM
    This is the "disadvantage" of MaxMem...

If you are going to be running DesktopManager then use CrackMem or Stoner's Memory Guide... links in my signature!!
    I know about CrackMem now, but I didn't at the time that I used MaxMem.

So, is there ANY way around this?

If not, when I reinstall the OS, is it going to save my BES and BIS settings, or will I have to reconfigure everything?
    08-07-08 12:46 PM
    I know about CrackMem now, but I didn't at the time that I used MaxMem.

So, is there ANY way around this?

If not, when I reinstall the OS, is it going to save my BES and BIS settings, or will I have to reconfigure everything?
    As I said, use CrackMem or Stoner's Guide!

The issue is that MaxMem removes these compnents off of your Berry, but when you connect to your PC the AppLoader still has the .cod files present. AppLoader notices that those .cods are not on your device, since MaxMem deleted them... do it attempts to reload them (thinking you added them back to be installed)!

You need to use CrackMem or Stoner's Guide to get those .cods outta the local Java folder on your PC. Problem solved

*EDIT* And once you follow one of those methods, AppLoader should not find that those components need to be installed. If it does, then you did not do it correctly
    08-07-08 12:52 PM
    As I said, use CrackMem or Stoner's Guide!

The issue is that MaxMem removes these compnents off of your Berry, but when you connect to your PC the AppLoader still has the .cod files present. AppLoader notices that those .cods are not on your device, since MaxMem deleted them... do it attempts to reload them (thinking you added them back to be installed)!

You need to use CrackMem or Stoner's Guide to get those .cods outta the local Java folder on your PC. Problem solved

*EDIT* And once you follow one of those methods, AppLoader should not find that those components need to be installed. If it does, then you did not do it correctly
    Ok, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    08-07-08 12:56 PM
    Ok, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    Yeah, no prob... believe me, it works!!
    08-07-08 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD