I have scoured Crackberry and can't find an answer to this one. I have recently started using bbmess a good bit and am slowly turning my friends on to it. One of my buds sms'd me his pin and I just copied it and pasted it into my address book under his name. His number is four numbers ie: ****VE91. When I hit "paste" it leaves out the V. When I try to manually type it I can not type a V. I tried inviting him by the "use once" method and I can't type the V there either.
    There is nothing wrong with my keyboard, I can type V's all over the place just not in relation to a PIN. I use an Otter Box so I haven't pulled the battery but I did run Soft Reset to no effect. I am going to give him my PIN tommorow and have him send me an invite but this is really bugging me. I'm wondering if he typed his PIN wrong and that for some reason V is not used in PINs so it won't let me type a V.??

Tim
    01-07-09 07:43 PM
    Have you tried to add him just using BBM and not your address look

Open BBM, menu, add contact, add my pin number, not email

try that.. or have you and the V, could it be a U?
    01-07-09 07:51 PM
    Have you tried to add him just using BBM and not your address look

Open BBM, menu, add contact, add my pin number, not email

try that.. or have you and the V, could it be a U?
    When I click "add contact" it goes straight to my adress book from there I tried adding him using the "use once" command to no avail. He has a Pearl and I just looked at my old Pearl. C and V are on the same key and it will let me enter the C. I can't get him on the phone right now to ask.
    Thanks for responding!
    Tim
    01-07-09 08:00 PM
    PIN numbers only use certain letters and I'm almost certain V is not one of them. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members can back me up on this one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 08:04 PM
    See, on mine, I click on add contact, a box pops up saying type pin or email.

Maybe when you get in contact have him add you.
    01-07-09 08:05 PM
    PIN numbers only use certain letters and I'm almost certain V is not one of them. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members can back me up on this one.

Yeh, come to think of it, Ive never seen a V either in a PIN
    01-07-09 08:06 PM
    I will bet money that the V should in fact be a C. He was probably using Suretype and didn't catch it. I'll let you know when I talk to him.
    Tim
    01-07-09 08:12 PM
    most probably so.
    01-07-09 08:14 PM
    Yeh, come to think of it, Ive never seen a V either in a PIN
    Likewise, neither have I...
    01-07-09 08:16 PM
    If I recall they only use A through F for letters

01-07-09 08:17 PM
    The letters that appear in a PIN are limited to only those letters contained within the hexadecimal system, i.e. A-F
    01-07-09 08:19 PM
    There ya go, right on...
    01-07-09 08:21 PM
    I have this problems, and Im using Pearl too. I had to let the other person add my PIN, but it still doesnt always work. I cant type F, cos its the second letter on the same button. Anyone has solution for this?
    03-09-09 03:48 PM
    I'm having problems with an F as well
    03-23-09 05:42 PM
    Im having the same problem!
    01-13-10 07:47 PM
    In an sms message, have your friend type mypin and it should send the PIN # to you.
    01-13-10 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD