I had to swap my bb out yesterday for a replacement. I had some issues with my email and ended up having to call tech support in order to get my email working again. Since they have fixed my email I am now having a problem with the browser. When I launch the browser, it is displaying the email settings screen. When I push the menu button, I don't get any of the options that I would normally get for the browser and I am unable to go anywhere except the email settings page. Does anyone have any ideas how to reset my browser or otherwise remedy this problem? Thanks in advance.
    05-14-08 10:07 AM
    go to options/advanced options/ host routing hit the menu button then register. if that doesn't work you need to resend your service books from your providers website
    05-14-08 10:09 AM
    I'm not sure where to go in order to do that. This is all still new to me.
    05-14-08 10:14 AM
    did you do the register now ?
    05-14-08 10:15 AM
    to resend the service books go to Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint login to your account and look for the bb email options you can re send them from there
    05-14-08 10:17 AM
    Menu > Option > Advance Option > Host Routing > menu > Register now.
    Hope this help.
    Welcome to the Crack!
    05-14-08 10:18 AM
    I did the register. That didn't work so I sent the service books. That didn't work either. Anything else I should try?
    05-14-08 10:22 AM
    Is it possible to remove the browser and then re-register it? It's almost as if the browser icon and the email settings icon are both pointing to the same application and the browser application is gone even though the icon is still on bb.
    05-14-08 10:29 AM
    try this first pull out the battery for 30 seconds with the phone on and put it back in
    05-14-08 10:30 AM
    Pulling the battery worked as long as I don't click on the email settings icon again. As soon as I click on that, then it messes up my browser again. Very strange. Thank you for the help.
    05-14-08 10:59 AM
    That's because YOU'RE NOT CLOSING OUT OF THE EMAIL SETUP PROGRAM.

After you run Email Setup, go to Menu/Close. It uses the same browser app, but has menu limitations on it. If you don't close it out any subsequent starts of the browser just really flips you to the already running version, which is in fact the Email Setup Program.
    05-14-08 12:00 PM
    That's because YOU'RE NOT CLOSING OUT OF THE EMAIL SETUP PROGRAM.

After you run Email Setup, go to Menu/Close. It uses the same browser app, but has menu limitations on it. If you don't close it out any subsequent starts of the browser just really flips you to the already running version, which is in fact the Email Setup Program.
    Brilliant!
    05-14-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD