Hey Folks,

I have had a couple of issues that have followed me through 3 blackberrys and decided to ask the crackberry gurus for help.

Problem #1:

For some reason I have two email setup icons. It started on my pearl and followed me through my other BBs through back up and restore. How do I delete one?

Problem #2:

I currently have 2 email accounts linked to my BB. One one when I hit delete it gives me 3 options. Delete On mailbox and Handheld, On Handheld and Cancel. When I try it on my other account it on gives me Delete or Cancel. I have edited my settings and have changed the later account to delete on handheld and mailbox but it will not do it. It only deletes on my BB. Is there anyway to change it so that I have get all three options on the other account and how do I get it to actually delete on my my BB and mailbox.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris
    02-23-09 01:25 PM
    #1: are both icons functional? I'm assuming you've done a couple of battery pulls since you have had 3 BBs now. If you can't get rid of the 2nd icon you can try hiding it or make a folder and stick it in the new folder to hide it.

#2: Did you go to Messages > Menu > Options > Email Reconciliation > Select the email acct. then set the Delete On to Prompt, Save. That will get you your 3 options (Delete on Handheld, Both, Cancel).
    02-23-09 02:09 PM
    Go to options/advanced options/applications and see if there is two entries for the email setup. If so delete one and reboot the device. Your email, follow xliderider's instructions. Is the email account in question set up the same way as the one that works on BIS? Go to your bis account login and check to make sure the reconciliation is set on.
    02-23-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD