Alright, I use my BB Storm as my MP3 player...I have just under 5 GB of music on it. And I have two real questions....First, the main problem I have is that when I do searches under artists, it gives me the artist that wrote the song, not the band that sings the song.

For instance, I just ripped my Motley Crue "Saints of Los Angeles" CD (I grew up listening to these guys) and then went into Media player to test drive it and I couldn't find the song "Saints of Los Angeles". It was not under "Motley Crue". I then did a search under "songs" and found it and it was under a different "artist".

This is HIGHLY annoying to me. Is there a way to change the options on this?

Second problem is that when I do searches by album, it shows me the name of the album and doesn't say the artist. With all of the albums I have, I have no idea what some of the albums are unless I have the band's name right beside it....is there a way to fix this?

So, can these two items be fixed natively or is there another media player download that you'd suggest? Thank you!
    06-12-09 09:17 PM
    You need to edit the ID3 tags for the songs. This will help:
    Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2)

Windows reads the file name, MP3 palyers (including your phone)
    looks at the metadata. That is why they are not displaying properly.
    06-12-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD