I have a curve, 8330, and I have and ABSURD amount of texts on it in less then a week. You would laugh if I told you the numbers (over a thousand since thursday night when I got it). Anyway. I have it set up to auto delete after 15days, that's the minumum it gives me. Well, Aparently that is far too long, because my bb is sooooo slow yesterday and today and getting slower with messages. I have have a 2gb disc in it, and nothing on it yet because it's brand new with this phone (I killed my last phone and memory card they say). Anyway my point is I don't know what all will weigh down my phone, I know the texts probably are, but I also have 4 email accounts that are connected to my bb, and I don't know if they are either.

How do I set it up to auto delete sooner?

How do I consolidate my messages so that there isn't a new message from every text saying everything in the conversation?

How do I consolidate email if necessairy to free up space?

Speed speed speed. I am all about speed. Any hints. I so don't want to go though and individually have to delete 1000+ messages every week or so. Is there a delete all but saved messages button, or a way to auto do it? THanks for you help

signed- Hopeless bb user I'm addicted I admit it! Abuser.
    03-04-09 07:51 PM
    You can delete blocksd of texts or emails by putting your cursor on a date and, clicking MenbuKey > Delete Prior. Perhaps that would do what you want. I don't know of a way to auto-delete, but maybe someone else does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 08:01 PM
    Thanks that will help. If there is another way to auto guys still let me know. However when I do it this way if I have saved a text will it stay?
    03-04-09 08:05 PM
    Thanks that will help. If there is another way to auto guys still let me know. However when I do it this way if I have saved a text will it stay?
    Yes, saved messages will stay in the "saved message" area.
    03-04-09 08:16 PM
    yes if you mark a text as saved it will only delete if you go into the saved folder and delete it from there. it will delete from your regular inbox but trust me its still in your saved folder! as far as i know15 days is the lowest delete setting but as the above poster said you can highlight any date and click "delete prior" and delete all the texts for the date and earlier. OR to delete a block of texts, say from a certain person or all the text between 3 and 5 o'clock hold down your ALT key and roll your trackball until you've selected all the ones you want to delete and then hit delete.

HTH.
    03-04-09 08:19 PM
    I also noticed that you said you had a 2gb memory card with nothing on it. Are you saving pics and if so are they saving to your device memory? Also if you have downloaded any themes, certain apps etc. this can cause your bb to lag. If you don't have enough file free memory and want to free some up here's a link...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...le+free+memory
    03-04-09 08:25 PM
    Awesome about the alt and rolling. This phone is the best.

I am saving pics to my mem card, but only a couple on there because I got the phone thursday. I only have a couple aps, and I don't think they can be on there, I think they have to be on the phone. I have Mobile IM (as if I need to text more), Facebook (can you tell I like my texting), and VZ Nav and actually I want to delete that, and haven't figured out how yet.

No one has said, do emails count the same as text for space?
    03-04-09 08:34 PM
    I text a ton too. I've gotten in the habit of deleting prior to the current day. I just averaged how many texts I do a day and its around 400 and I don't need more than the current day on my phone.
    03-04-09 09:09 PM
    well then my 1200 in a week isn't half as bad as yours, so I feel less pathetic
    03-04-09 11:04 PM
    i believe VZNav is just an icon until you install the program - someone else can back me up, but i am pretty sure it takes little to no space on your berry.
    03-04-09 11:46 PM
    What I have done was set up my BB not to save sent messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 12:40 AM
    and how do you set that up to not save sent?

And I have threatened with a washer... and followed through with it, and a lake... and a few others
    03-05-09 02:40 AM
    I'm so sorry to miss inform you. After you asked me I went to my BB to give you my step by step directions and noticed that I only hide them. I never thought about them being hidden. Now I'm wishing that I could delete them after sending. But that doesnt look like the case.

But if you want to hide them goto messages>BB button>Options>General options....but I'm sure you know that since you keep the message for 15 days. Again sorry about the miss info
    03-05-09 02:03 PM
    that's what I thought you might mean. Thanks anyway, already doing it.
    03-05-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD