Hello there,

Just like many of you bit frustrated with lack of apps, or infact no apps, without proper official updated Skype, not just settling with the alternatives or beta versions, switched from BB OS 10 to iphone 6 and HTC M9 after Z30.

Life becomes easy and yes few of contacts started sending me pics on snapchat by saying we miss you here. There are no issues with Galaxy line up, they are fast, reliable as well.Same with all iphones out there.

After that got the hands on BB priv six months back. Took me sometime to settle down with huge size, physical keyboard, a bit slow performance as compared to M9/iphone 6, excessively long batt charging time, average camera, a compromising hub as compared to past experiences on BB OS 10. I say truly today that a real BB user from the age of Bold series will ultimately find true satisfaction by owning only a BB device.

Priv is an amazing piece of work machine. Gives you a full day of productivity in a single charge, hub and services shaping up slowly, and it is a Blackberry device in every aspect from buttons, to ergonomics. The shortcuts are amazing, its secure, and I haven't seen such sharp display on any other screen of smartphone yet. Hub contacts management is amazing,BB keyboard with all those predictions, sometimes its so accurate that you don't have to type even 1st letter of word, just have to swipe up to make selections and complete the whole email. It may not not be fastest phone out there but do the job in an effective manner.

Have to switch from other phones, you just need to change the ID. Have to switch from Blackberry, you have to change your way of using a phone. To all criticism of BB opting for android and all, I was once part of it, but what the heck, it can work for you by disabling few google native apps, and move with the flow of modern phones with every app. To all of those still clinging to OS 10 and debating, let's give a way to these android berries and you'll fall in love with BB again.

These are my personal thoughts. I am not being paid by John Chen.
    djchrisluna likes this.
    03-08-17 02:01 PM
    I have had a Priv since the day it was launched and haven't had any issues with it. The Blackberry Android software has got better and better with each software update and as much as I loved OS10, my app issue is now solved and the Hub and Calendar functions are working just fine.

I find myself not missing a beat. And the device still has the. Blackberry logo on it which is good enough for me.
    glwerry and AliAbbas Icon like this.
    03-08-17 02:08 PM
    I have had a Priv since the day it was launched and haven't had any issues with it. The Blackberry Android software has got better and better with each software update and as much as I loved OS10, my app issue is now solved and the Hub and Calendar functions are working just fine.

I find myself not missing a beat. And the device still has the. Blackberry logo on it which is good enough for me.
    Good to hear. Some Priv enthusiasts have complained about or mentioned software slowdowns on Priv lately... so your report is encouraging! :-D

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    bakron1 and anon(9710735) like this.
    03-08-17 02:59 PM
    Doesn't the Priv support quick charge? I think you may need a special power adapter though.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 06:35 PM
    Doesn't the Priv support quick charge? I think you may need a special power adapter though.

Posted via CB10
    Yes quick charge 2.0. I personally have a aukey 2.0 quick charger. Works great.
    03-08-17 06:40 PM
    Hello there,

Just like many of you bit frustrated with lack of apps, or infact no apps, without proper official updated Skype, not just settling with the alternatives or beta versions, switched from BB OS 10 to iphone 6 and HTC M9 after Z30.

Life becomes easy and yes few of contacts started sending me pics on snapchat by saying we miss you here. There are no issues with Galaxy line up, they are fast, reliable as well.Same with all iphones out there.

After that got the hands on BB priv six months back. Took me sometime to settle down with huge size, physical keyboard, a bit slow performance as compared to M9/iphone 6, excessively long batt charging time, average camera, a compromising hub as compared to past experiences on BB OS 10. I say truly today that a real BB user from the age of Bold series will ultimately find true satisfaction by owning only a BB device.

Priv is an amazing piece of work machine. Gives you a full day of productivity in a single charge, hub and services shaping up slowly, and it is a Blackberry device in every aspect from buttons, to ergonomics. The shortcuts are amazing, its secure, and I haven't seen such sharp display on any other screen of smartphone yet. Hub contacts management is amazing,BB keyboard with all those predictions, sometimes its so accurate that you don't have to type even 1st letter of word, just have to swipe up to make selections and complete the whole email. It may not not be fastest phone out there but do the job in an effective manner.

Have to switch from other phones, you just need to change the ID. Have to switch from Blackberry, you have to change your way of using a phone. To all criticism of BB opting for android and all, I was once part of it, but what the heck, it can work for you by disabling few google native apps, and move with the flow of modern phones with every app. To all of those still clinging to OS 10 and debating, let's give a way to these android berries and you'll fall in love with BB again.

These are my personal thoughts. I am not being paid by John Chen.
    I've had mine for a year and it's been great. Really took off after marshmallow since the updates have made things work great. I'm not experiencing slowdowns. I'd buy another one tomorrow
    03-08-17 07:49 PM
    I use my Priv for work on a daily basis with phone calls, texts, notifications etc. At the end of the day I still have plenty of battery left. The phone has been a workhorse and is absolutely gorgeous. I use the PKB a lot which is why I cannot wait for the K1. But I am keeping the Priv as a backup. I clear the cache every so often but no slowdowns at all either. And my phone only has a shell case, no screen protector and still holding up well. Love love it.
    03-08-17 09:34 PM

I say truly today that a real BB user from the age of Bold series will ultimately find true satisfaction by owning only a BB device.

These are my personal thoughts.
    This.

Lack of apps or no apps, some of us will always be happier on a Blackberry device, as you say. Some people will understand this and some never will.

I like your personal thoughts.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    AliAbbas Icon likes this.
    03-08-17 11:51 PM
    I'm liking my priv more recently, I didn't think I liked it as much as my passport and I only upgraded because of the whatsapp debacle that then didn't happen in the new year. I had felt I had been tricked into the priv and was sort of regretting getting it but it's still a great head Turner and unique and I think I like the keyboard now. Still the keyone though, (drools)
    03-09-17 02:44 PM
    Great to hear! Got me even more excited about moving onto BlackDroid..

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 05:25 PM
    but it's still a great head Turner and unique and I think I like the keyboard now. Still the keyone though, (drools)
    It is definitely a head tuner. During meetings it looks good on the table. Everyone knows its the android but it is different in its own way. Manufactures dont have the luxury to continue with the bold moves every now and then because of competition and dtek 50, 60 are true examples. You have to join the herd to stay competitive.

I think PRIV would stay unique, though I wish, but it wont be followed be a sequel PRIV 2 or anything.
    03-10-17 04:12 AM
    If BlackBerry killed BB10 could make their own BlackBerry launcher on android that supports gestures
    03-10-17 05:45 AM
    On my seventh month with Priv, and everything's been seamless. Plenty fast for my needs and definitely stands out of the slab crowd. I'll probably stay with the Priv until next year when the price of the KeyOne drops to a more reasonable level, or until I can still muster the resolve not to plunge earlier.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 06:55 AM
    On my seventh month with Priv, and everything's been seamless. Plenty fast for my needs and definitely stands out of the slab crowd. I'll probably stay with the Priv until next year when the price of the KeyOne drops to a more reasonable level, or until I can still muster the resolve not to plunge earlier.

Posted via CB10
    Same. It is hard justifying replacing my Priv since it is still working so well, no lags and looks good too. But I love the looks of the KEYone too and always been a candy bar fan.
    03-13-17 11:26 PM