Obviously BlackBerry doesn't plan on updating BB10 except with maintenance updates and no new BB10 devices will be coming.

That being said I'm looking to upgrade my awesome z30 eventually but in rush since there's no BB10 z30 successors. So, I've been contemplating either going to Android thru the Priv because it's mostly stock Android with BlackBerry specific apps and of course the added security and privacy they ve done. I would prefer if there was an all touch Priv cause I really don't need that sliding keyboard. The only thing that is holding me back is that ridiculous price and even more that ridiculous 2MP front facing camera for that price!!!

Since the original Priv review there has been updates to the OS and apps so I'm sure things have been improved like the camera app.

So my question to the Priv owners how are you liking the device so far?

Kindly list your likes and dislikes of the device from the physical hardware (build quality, screen, camera and etc), the Android OS and BlackBerry' specific apps like the hub and etc, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 09:19 PM
    Front facing camera is poor in low light but not a deal breaker. Screen, keyboards, yes both, back camera, battery, software is all too class. Android has some getting used to where BB10 was very intuitive but again not a deal breaker. All the Blackberry apps like hub work great. Hub is better on BB10 but not by much. Being able to load all apps and have them work as designed is a huge difference. If you can afford the phone buy it.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    03-01-16 10:17 PM
    It's been a great experience as all BlackBerry devices have been for me. Used BlackBerry 10 since the launch. Love my Priv.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    03-01-16 10:19 PM
    The price compares to other phones these days. Look at the Galaxy 7 or iphone. The front camera may be 2mpx but where do you view your pictures? Most computer screens are less than 2 mpx.
    03-02-16 01:18 AM
    Interested too. Not quite ready yet because my Z30s are fine for now, but the handwriting is on the wall!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    03-02-16 01:25 AM
    Interested too. Not quite ready yet because my Z30s are fine for now, but the handwriting is on the wall!!

Agreed not in a rush cause my z30 is still doing great!

Let's see if the Priv price drops down more or I ll just do the 2 year contract with Rogers. Unless an all touch BlackBerry Android is coming out!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 01:09 PM
    Meh... it's a typical, generic Android, with an underachieving, awkward keyboard and a noble attempt at BlackBerry Hub. Its' native calendar and sad little file manager (that is practically nonexistent) are also flaccid as hell... But hey, I can put all the apps I want on this baby AND have my assortment of emoji soooo 👍

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-02-16 03:05 PM
    How well does it work for single handed use?
    03-02-16 05:03 PM
    How well does it work for single handed use?
    Its' keyboard is about the same dimensions as my Classic give or take, (Priv's keys are smaller and more cramped in comparison, but you get the idea) but it is less than comfortable and it makes me feel completely uneasy, like at any moment it could slip from my grip and plummet to its' death. Once I begin to really attempt to bust through a msg, the pounding of my thumb on the keyboard makes this thing spring like a friggen diving board. I would not recommend one-handed typing on the Priv without first cloaking it in bubble wrap.

idssteve likes this.
    03-02-16 05:12 PM
    Its' keyboard is about the same dimensions as my Classic give or take, (Priv's keys are smaller and more cramped in comparison, but you get the idea) but it is less than comfortable and it makes me feel completely uneasy, like at any moment it could slip from my grip and plummet to its' death. Once I begin to really attempt to bust through a msg, the pounding of my thumb on the keyboard makes this thing spring like a friggen diving board. I would not recommend one-handed typing on the Priv without first cloaking it in bubble wrap.

If the Priv is what I ll eventually be upgrading to I definitely won't be using the keyboard. I ll slide it out to try but won't be using it.

My first BlackBerry was the torch and only used the keyboard the first few days till I just got use to the virtual keyboard

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 05:31 PM
    If the Priv is what I ll eventually be upgrading to I definitely won't be using the keyboard. I ll slide it out to try but won't be using it.

My first BlackBerry was the torch and only used the keyboard the first few days till I just got use to the virtual keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Understood... Then most likely you will be happy... I am a physical keyboard kinda girl. The Priv disappoints me greatly... One of the glaring reasons being the overall suckage of the Priv's PKB...

03-02-16 05:40 PM
    I've been on the brink of getting one for the last couple of days. Been too lazy to call up Rogers lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 05:45 PM
    Have it for almost 3 months and have been very pleased on all aspects.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-02-16 06:53 PM
    Understood... Then most likely you will be happy... I am a physical keyboard kinda girl. The Priv disappoints me greatly... One of the glaring reasons being the overall suckage of the Priv's PKB...

I guess I ll find out down the road how happy I ll be with it. I ve only seen one person so far in the wild with a Priv.

Yeah the reviews I've read mention the Priv's keyboard is pretty cramped up in that sliding tray. Makes sense as it can't be the full keyboard like that one's on the Q10 & Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 10:51 PM
    Best hardware with stupid Android

Posted via Priv...
    03-03-16 04:54 AM
    I have had my Priv for three days now and am loving it. I own the Z10, Q10, Classic and Leap. The VKB on the PRIV is amazing. Large and accurate overall. I love using the PKB for reading thru sites, typing longer texts and emails and am still learning other usages on it. I like having the option. The camera is great. I am not much of a selfie person but the front facing is OK. The phone feels premium, we own the S5 and LGG3 , and the PRIV feels more substantial than those. The Hub is not perfect but pretty good and I cannot do without the Hub. I downloaded the Google Calendar which is better than stock calendar. My adjustment has been smooth which surprised me. I do own a Lenovo tablet with stock Android.

I think BlackBerry did right by us BlackBerry users with the PRIV. I bought this from ShoBlackberry, for $650, and used PayPal credit. Worth ever penny. I use my phones heavily for work and the PRIV has done well for the last couple of days where I have been busy, with messages, attachments and calls. No heating issues, no lag and no creaks.

CivilDissident likes this.
    03-03-16 07:10 AM
    I love it!!

03-03-16 09:09 AM
    Best hardware with stupid Android

Posted via Priv...
    Definitely the Priv would have been 100 times better with BB10 running it! Or even better an all touch Priv with BB10!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 05:14 PM
    Definitely the Priv would have been 100 times better with BB10 running it! Or even better an all touch Priv with BB10!

Posted via CB10
    My son would love this.

Posted via my Priv
    03-03-16 05:17 PM
    I have had my Priv for three days now and am loving it. I own the Z10, Q10, Classic and Leap. The VKB on the PRIV is amazing. Large and accurate overall. I love using the PKB for reading thru sites, typing longer texts and emails and am still learning other usages on it. I like having the option. The camera is great. I am not much of a selfie person but the front facing is OK. The phone feels premium, we own the S5 and LGG3 , and the PRIV feels more substantial than those. The Hub is not perfect but pretty good and I cannot do without the Hub. I downloaded the Google Calendar which is better than stock calendar. My adjustment has been smooth which surprised me. I do own a Lenovo tablet with stock Android.

I think BlackBerry did right by us BlackBerry users with the PRIV. I bought this from ShoBlackberry, for $650, and used PayPal credit. Worth ever penny. I use my phones heavily for work and the PRIV has done well for the last couple of days where I have been busy, with messages, attachments and calls. No heating issues, no lag and no creaks.

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely sounds more convincing.

If there's an all touch Priv down the road I ll definitely upgrade to that instead!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 05:18 PM
    I just got mine. Haven't gotten around to setting it all up, but definitely a good looking device that feels well made. A little squishy on the back side, but other than that solid.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 05:30 PM
    Priv is literally the best phone I ever had. I really love it. I've got to say that I like Android freedom and combined with blackberry specific features like physical keyboard this phone is winner in my eyes. I really hard time finding anything I do not like about this phone. Front facing camera is weak but this not bother me much. I do not take selfies and I only use it for Skype.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-03-16 05:57 PM
    I have had the Priv since it's release in Canada. I had a very hard time getting used to Android for the first 3-4 weeks and trying to find good apps for file manager, photo album ,ect. The phone itself is very good no complaints with hardware at all. I still find myself swiping instead of button pushing but it is nice having software just work without needing workarounds. Yes it is a good phone and once the learning curve is done , it gets even better. Started with iPhone 3 then bb10(Z10, Z30 ,Q10) now Priv.

03-03-16 07:46 PM
    I have had the Priv just over a week. Solid device out of the gate that will only get better with time. Recommend.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    ZA_BB_user likes this.
    03-03-16 08:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm. An all touch Priv with BB10 sounds like an updated Z30!! Or Z50?

03-03-16 09:53 PM
30 12