On ABC TV channel, here in USA this evening, they broke in to say Ted Cruz won Wisconsin and there was a static picture saying the breaking news was brough to you by; Blackberry Priv.
    04-05-16 08:54 PM
    Yeah its lowest form of TV advertising and they've been doing it for a while. Just showing a picture of it on the TV and saying "brought to you by" isn't doing anything.
    04-05-16 09:36 PM
    Yeah its lowest form of TV advertising and they've been doing it for a while. Just showing a picture of it on the TV and saying "brought to you by" isn't doing anything.
    I disagree, Saying "brought to you by BlackBerry " means BlackBerry spent resources and are still around. Can't get more important than that at this point.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    04-05-16 10:45 PM
    I disagree, Saying "brought to you by BlackBerry " means BlackBerry spent resources and are still around. Can't get more important than that at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Yep wannabe, it is so important that we will see a monumental spike in sales as a result of this effort

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 12:00 AM
    They've got something going with ABC. They do it during debates on other channels but they were giving them away on good morning America when it was first released. And must be the cheapest for advertising lol

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-06-16 12:32 AM
    I have to agree with both points of view. Doing anything in mainstream media is better than no advertising at all. But there's a certain demographic that watch those types of presentations and to capture a large audience, you have to expand your reach.
    That entails introducing the under-appreciated features of your product to a larger audience (who really don't know what you have to offer); by using a more Feature Explicit Advertising Strategy . Because just emphasizing a better camera or larger display real estate won't do for BlackBerry. That's not your strongest point. And a PKB doesn't appeal to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 12:39 AM
    They need to do this more, and on other channels that more younger people watch. They need to appeal to them because it's young folks that spend millions of dollars every year on phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 01:45 AM
    At least it's something resembling exposure. Compared with the "information blackout" marketing strategy they've pursued in recent years, it's a sign of life! Subliminal messaging contributes to cumulative exposure and natural human curiosity.

Your product might be the best, or worst, or likely somewhere between, but you're not going to sell anything if no one knows you're selling anything.
    04-06-16 04:21 AM
    L

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 04:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    You realize they have been doing this for months right? It hasn't had any impact on sales. An actual commercial might help, but this method is bush league advertising.
    04-06-16 05:56 AM
    On ABC TV channel, here in USA this evening, they broke in to say Ted Cruz won Wisconsin and there was a static picture saying the breaking news was brough to you by; Blackberry Priv.
    Yeah, they interrupted a pretty critical character moment between Malick and Hive to tell me something I already knew
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-06-16 11:02 AM
    Hate to say, I saw the breaking news report... but as I don't watch live tv anymore, I just hit the skip button and missed seeing BlackBerry.

Have to wonder if BlackBerry's advertising during the American Presidential Campaign is some kind of long term deal. Later when it get down to just the top democrat and top republican. Maybe it will be seen by more folks, cause it sure does seem to be shaping up to be one of those "twister hit a trailer park" type moments.
    04-06-16 11:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Great they are still around but people still think their devices and OS are ancient. What would really work is an actual commercial showing that this is an android device and showing what differentiates it from every other android.

They need to educate the consumer because the vast majority would have no clue the Priv is android let alone not BBOS that they remember.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-16 11:25 AM
    It came as a pop-up ad for me actually when I was on CNN checking out the Wisconsin results. Finally a popup ad I can appreciate! Haha...

They need to do more than this. But it's the question of risk/reward for BB. Are they all in on the last Stand with Android? Or was it just a shot in the dark they weren't prepared to seriously get behind?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 12:15 PM