Yeah, I would have taken the replacement phone if they gave it to me right away last Thursday, but after having to wait for a week. And add to that their $100 "restocking fee" policy.

I do not want to give my money to an unethical business.

I will get a refund from this store and buy from a legitimate Rogers store this time. Of course, the store will mention lawyers and all that, but I know the Canadian Wireless code is on my side.

I like the Q10 itself, but I will just buy it either Online or at an actual Rogers store this time.
    03-18-14 09:13 PM
    Okay just spoke to my mother and she is suggesting that if the new Q10 I pick up from the store is fine, I should just take it. And IF it has a problem again, I can of course ask for the refund then and buy the Q10 from some other store.

I think this makes more sense. All I really wanted was a new non-defect Q10. I will just take the device from this store if it is that.

Good thing is that after the 15 day period, I do not have to deal with the store again for future warranty repairs.

And most build quality issues will be visible right when I open the box
    1. I will first call Rogers to verify that the serial # is in fact of a new device (just in case)
    2. Make sure keyboard spacebar is not wobbling side to side
    3. Screen is not creaking on the left edge.
    4. Test for loose battery? (Cause of random restarts that some are experiencing).
    03-18-14 10:29 PM
    Okay just spoke to my mother and she is suggesting that if the new Q10 I pick up from the store is fine, I should just take it. And IF it has a problem again, I can of course ask for the refund then and buy the Q10 from some other store.

I think this makes more sense. All I really wanted was a new non-defect Q10. I will just take the device from this store if it is that.

Good thing is that after the 15 day period, I do not have to deal with the store again for future warranty repairs.

And most build quality issues will be visible right when I open the box
    1. I will first call Rogers to verify that the serial # is in fact of a new device (just in case)
    2. Make sure keyboard spacebar is not wobbling side to side
    3. Screen is not creaking on the left edge.
    4. Test for loose battery? (Cause of random restarts that some are experiencing).
    Congo! i had a bb curve, and it got a camera fault.
    took it to their service center, and they agreed to get it replaced, but took 45 days for doing this. Excuse- New device wasn't available. Pathetic service.

Btw, show us what your new phone looks like phones with stories behind them excite me.(maybe, i should get a life.)
    03-19-14 01:20 AM
    The store just called me that I can pick up my new Q10 is ready for pick up tomorrow.

Here is what I want to ask Crackberry

Should I just get the new Q10 and drop the refund refund thing if it is fine?

OR

Do I refuse the new phone and keep on with the refund?

Of course, I would be happy if I got a new phone and it had no issues, but from what I have seen on here and from what I have experienced myself on my first Q10, Blackberry Quality Control is not exactly doing well these days. I am thinking that I might have to return the second device again, and it would be a pain in the **** to get it replaced again with this store.

Or do I take the new device tomorrow, use it if it is issue free, or ask for the refund then IF it has an issue?
    Sorry to read about the issues you'va experienced with your BlackBerry Q10. Personally I would pick-up the new BlackBerry Q10, ensure it works before leaving the store, and not pursuing any refund. As for quality control no company tests every product; a sampling of products in a batch is the typical process.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-19-14 04:19 AM
    I second and third the above advice. It looks like you have a good handle on the possible issues that have occurred with the Q's If they are not present in the SEALED box new replacement, then you should be good to go for past the 15 day however many minute time frame for a full refund, and you should be good to go for much longer. Good luck, and keep pushing for what is right. It is your right as a consumer.

John
    03-19-14 04:33 AM
    I would take the refund and buy from a real Rogers store. I've bought from resellers before, and there are zero advantages in doing so. The Q10 is an excellent phone, but I had to have the keyboard replaced after 10 months of use due to an occasional double typing issue. Didn't cost me anything to have it done through a corporate Telus store, but if I had to go through a franchisee, they would've given me an even worse runaround than you got.

Or, if you want to be a good customer to this reseller, ask how they will support you in the future, and get it in writing. Have the store manager initial the relevant points in the contract.
    03-19-14 07:05 AM
    I would take the refund and buy from a real Rogers store. I've bought from resellers before, and there are zero advantages in doing so. The Q10 is an excellent phone, but I had to have the keyboard replaced after 10 months of use due to an occasional double typing issue. Didn't cost me anything to have it done through a corporate Telus store, but if I had to go through a franchisee, they would've given me an even worse runaround than you got.

Or, if you want to be a good customer to this reseller, ask how they will support you in the future, and get it in writing. Have the store manager initial the relevant points in the contract.
    If we are talking about warranty repairs, I do not have to deal with the store at all if I dont want to, I can call my Rogers customer service and have them send a prepaid box to me, which I can use to put my Q10 and send to Rogers. Then Rogers would go through the warranty process themselves and send the device out through UPS.

I asked about this and the only reason I would go to my original store would be because of a loaner phone, but I have an extra phone already.

Yeah, so I really don't have to see the dealer again if my Q10 is fine within the first 15 days and if I don't have to use the Buyers Remorse return.

One thing I wasn't sure of,

Should there be plastic wrapping around the box? The first Q10 I got from here only had a plastic sticker that had to be cut before opening, but I'm not sure if there is any other case.
    03-19-14 09:45 AM
    I did need a loaner phone, and I got to use a Z10 for 2 weeks. Made me want my Q10 even more, even with double typing. I couldn't use my old Torch because the SIM card is different.

I'm not sure how Telus handles issues without involving their stores. I prefer the personal contact.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 10:42 AM
    Sorry to hear the problems you went through OP. Hope that second Q10 is in fact new and you're happy with it.

There are some perks with resellers sometimes. For example Best buy/Future shop will often have promotions of a 50-100$ gift certificate or something along those lines.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 10:54 AM
    The store just called me that I can pick up my new Q10 is ready for pick up tomorrow.

Here is what I want to ask Crackberry

Should I just get the new Q10 and drop the refund refund thing if it is fine?

OR

Do I refuse the new phone and keep on with the refund?

Of course, I would be happy if I got a new phone and it had no issues, but from what I have seen on here and from what I have experienced myself on my first Q10, Blackberry Quality Control is not exactly doing well these days. I am thinking that I might have to return the second device again, and it would be a pain in the **** to get it replaced again with this store.

Or do I take the new device tomorrow, use it if it is issue free, or ask for the refund then IF it has an issue?
    Take the refund, go direct to the carriers store.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 11:07 AM
    Okay, I ended up getting the new Q10 from the store. There is no more wobble anymore,but there is still creaking sound when I press down on the left screen edge. But I can deal with it as I do not ever push down on a screen that hard.

I could have of course pushed further with the whole refund thing, but I already spent enough time dealing with this that I just did not want to deal with it more.

I will take my lesson with this experience and buy from online Rogers store next time and stay away from these independent stores.

To tell you the truth, I spend a lot of time worrying about small details that it makes me so exhausted and the whole Q10 issue was just one of it. I guess you could call me a perfectionist.
    03-19-14 07:22 PM
    I'm too am a perfectionist/ obsessive with little details like that ;-). I'm glad that you sorted the issue out and you were kind enough to update us. With respect to the packaging it's not sold in a plastic wrapped box. It normally comes with a "seal" that's it. Enjoy your new phone. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:33 PM
    If we are talking about warranty repairs, I do not have to deal with the store at all if I dont want to, I can call my Rogers customer service and have them send a prepaid box to me, which I can use to put my Q10 and send to Rogers. Then Rogers would go through the warranty process themselves and send the device out through UPS.

I asked about this and the only reason I would go to my original store would be because of a loaner phone, but I have an extra phone already.

Yeah, so I really don't have to see the dealer again if my Q10 is fine within the first 15 days and if I don't have to use the Buyers Remorse return.

One thing I wasn't sure of,

Should there be plastic wrapping around the box? The first Q10 I got from here only had a plastic sticker that had to be cut before opening, but I'm not sure if there is any other case.
    The BlackBerry 10 smartphone boxes only have a plastic security seal tab and no other wrapping around the box.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-19-14 09:48 PM
    I think you already recognize your mistake but one should never buy from a store that is not open Saturdays. That is not a customer oriented business.
    03-19-14 10:13 PM
    Here are the pictures with my Otterbox case

Pretty sure Vancouver Rogers "Cellworks" store tried to con me.-2014-03-19-058.jpg
    Pretty sure Vancouver Rogers "Cellworks" store tried to con me.-2014-03-19-059.jpg
    Pretty sure Vancouver Rogers "Cellworks" store tried to con me.-2014-03-19-060.jpg
    03-19-14 10:33 PM
    [QUOTE=skstrials;10139642]Here are the pictures with my Otterbox case

Truly a thing of beauty. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 and skstrials like this.
    03-19-14 11:56 PM
    Glad everything worked out for you in the end!
    03-20-14 12:27 AM
    Okay so after filing my complaint through BBB and CCTS, which are both governmental organizations, about the experience I had with the Cellworks store, Rogers contacted me and they gave me a $100 credit for waiting for a new device for a week.

They also said that they would investigate the store policy although since it is an "internal" matter, they are not going to talk to me about the result.

Anyways, I could have asked for a refund on this, but I like the Q10 and the second Q10 I received does not have any defects so I did not want to waste any more time on this than I already have. So getting $100 from Rogers for the week delay is pretty satisfactory for me.
    03-26-14 03:34 PM
    Okay so after filing my complaint through BBB and CCTS, which are both governmental organizations, about the experience I had with the Cellworks store, Rogers contacted me and they gave me a $100 credit for waiting for a new device for a week.

They also said that they would investigate the store policy although since it is an "internal" matter, they are not going to talk to me about the result.

Anyways, I could have asked for a refund on this, but I like the Q10 and the second Q10 I received does not have any defects so I did not want to waste any more time on this than I already have. So getting $100 from Rogers for the week delay is pretty satisfactory for me.
    That's great and also good of you to accept the offer. I'm sure the store will have to answer a lot of questions now. Though I suspect that they will continue to pull one over on unsuspecting individuals in the future. Hopefully the general public sees these postings and are fully aware of their rights as a consumer. Enjoy your device again.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 03:45 PM
    I've had this issue in the past with bell, I now only use corporate stores

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2234 on Bell with Unlimited Data
    skstrials likes this.
    03-26-14 03:51 PM
    That's great and also good of you to accept the offer. I'm sure the store will have to answer a lot of questions now. Though I suspect that they will continue to pull one over on unsuspecting individuals in the future. Hopefully the general public sees these postings and are fully aware of their rights as a consumer. Enjoy your device again.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah now I wish that I told Rogers to get back to me after they talk to the store. But I was not as desperate on that since I already got my phone and the Rogers credit.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    03-26-14 04:09 PM
    good job op............
    03-26-14 04:54 PM
    Bingo: Do You Know Your Rights as a Wireless Consumer?

"to cancel your contract and return your phone at no cost, within 15 days and specific usage limits, if you are unhappy with your service"
    who decide that..? and how much?
    03-26-14 04:56 PM
    Lots of people get

Attachment 258607
    Attached Thumbnails Pretty sure Vancouver Rogers "Cellworks" store tried to con me.-img_20140326_162512.png  
    03-26-14 05:26 PM
    who decide that..? and how much?
    Your service provider can decide it. I assume within reasonable limit.

Not all service providers have the same data limit but for Rogers, it is 15 days or 30 minute talk time, or 150kb of data whichever comes first.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    03-26-14 06:13 PM
50 12