I wonder if he'll still have BBM on the "Barack-Berry". I'd love to see his status be Unavailable, plotting world domination.

Or unavailable, trying to figure out how the f to make good on some of the promises I made during the campaign.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 08:24 AM
    thinkamp; it's not so much a big deal that Obama has a BB...the big deal is the security threat that using one poses for someone of such capacity. A person; or a group of people wouldn't care to expend their time and energy trying to hack into JUST anyone's BB...however; they would do so in a heartbeat with someone such as the President of the U.S.

I think it's great that Obama is being staunch with wanting to keep his BB; at the same time...I'm sure he fully understands the security ramifications of using his BB can be. This is why his BB has gotten a $3K+ security overhaul.

For far too long; no matter what people say...Presidents have lived in an airtight bubble where they seemingly lose touch with the 'real' outside world (i.e. their constituents, colleagues, friends, etc.) who aren't in this bubble; and can relay to the President a broader picture aside from the formal, daily briefings the President receives.
    01-23-09 11:01 AM
    ... his BB has gotten a $3K+ security overhaul.
    And, as they said in the article I linked above, they'll be changing the security wrappers regularly so even if they figured one out it'd be old news before they could exploit it. I wonder what that kind of service would cost as an AT&T plan?
    01-23-09 11:07 AM
    You don't think it's amusing, how someone can be so addicted to his BB he'll set into motion all of this amazing effort just so he can keep it?
    You call it amazing, I call it unnecessary. Why can't he just accept no for an answer? This is another example of a spoiled politician doing anything in his power to get his way, regardless of the consequences. Look at the spending his camp has done just since the campaign. Aren't we in a recession? I never agreed to this for MY tax money. If he will go to this length to keep a cell phone, what lengths will he go to for something which has even greater negative impact to the people of the USA?

This is a serious red flag.
    01-23-09 11:27 AM
    Never assume "amazing" indicates approval. Neither does "fantastic." They describe the out-of-the-ordinary without making judgement. Speaking of which, I don't believe getting political is appreciated by the mods unless you're in the right forum for that sort of thing. This is a forum for discussing the BB aspects of the situation. Have a nice day.
    01-23-09 11:31 AM
    Unfortunately no, its not a Blackberry...

He has to use Window Mobile

The article used blackberry to mean smartphone...

01-23-09 11:31 AM
    Never assume "amazing" indicates approval. Neither does "fantastic." They describe the out-of-the-ordinary without making judgement. Speaking of which, I don't believe getting political is appreciated by the mods unless you're in the right forum for that sort of thing. This is a forum for discussing the BB aspects of the situation. Have a nice day.
    Trust me, it was no assumption. Also, you cannot discuss this topic with out getting political. Otherwise what's the point to a bunch of ridiculous posts such as the one Amber parodied?
    01-23-09 11:38 AM
    Five...you're being a tad bit dramatic with equating the fact that Obama wants to keep his BB in use; with that being indicative of a red flag. Five; not everything that Obama has enjoyed thus far is of his own request...such as the brand-new, supremely-fortified Cadillac limousine that was introduced during his inauguration...the limousine was commissioned by the goverment/Secret Service on their own accord.

Also; from my understanding...it's not even an outright new device that Obama will be getting to replace his BB. Instead; Obama is getting added security software/encryption implemented on his device. Sure, in addition to his BlackBerry; Obama may be getting another communication device that's similar to what (crispycutz) has shared.

01-23-09 11:58 AM
    Five...you're being a tad bit dramatic
    Yes, the stark contrast between my views and those of the rest of the sheep who see no problem with this are very dramatic. Was there a point to your response? Because everything you said only served to support my argument.
    01-23-09 12:30 PM
    Sheep? How original...I haven't heard that farm animal used as an analogy before. Try to be a bit more pragmatic if you're going to come back with a retort. I don't think my response had any hidden code where you'd have to use a Ouiji board to deciper it. My words were pretty apparent actually; your conclusion of this being a red flag...is; just as I simply said...dramatic.

Although I do commend you on your efforts that equate to what a perfect regular season for the Patriots last year amounted to when it was all said and done.

01-23-09 02:01 PM
    On the radio they said Obama will keep his smartphone and his blackberry. Ya know just incase first lady needed late night booty call. I found that to be hilarious...

32/m/NJ and wanting to make new friends.

pin: 30569658
    twitter.com/geeanywhere
    01-24-09 04:29 AM
    He will get the bold for sure :P
    01-24-09 04:55 AM
    I was in a meeting the other day with a high ranking person from L3 (L-3 Communication Systems - East Home Page). He said they are 3 months away from having a secure BB for the new president. They have been working on this project for the past couple of years.
    01-24-09 06:38 AM
    Will it have an international calling plan on it? Barry Soetoro will need to call home.
    01-24-09 09:08 AM
    Yippee!
    Unless he is going to pay for it himself, who cares? He does not need it to do his job (or lack thereof) so that should be one less burden for the taxpayers (folks with jobs).
    01-24-09 09:11 AM
    Obama needs to get 8220 BB Flip to have some style while presidenting the US lol.
    01-24-09 10:40 AM
    I was in a meeting the other day with a high ranking person from L3 (L-3 Communication Systems - East Home Page). He said they are 3 months away from having a secure BB for the new president. They have been working on this project for the past couple of years.
    Let's hope the presi-beta OS ends up somewhere on crackberry.
    01-25-09 02:08 AM

That phone is a new kind of ugly. Wow.
    01-25-09 02:08 AM
    hooray for barackberry
    01-25-09 02:18 AM
    hooray for barackberry
    um, you mean Barry Berry...
    01-25-09 03:29 AM
    I think we should FORCE him to use a Storm. That way, VZN/RIM would have some incentive to get the Storm hardware and software straighten out. Talk about economic stimulus - THAT would be economic stimulus !

Doctor Neutron

PS President Obama: loose the lame vertical holsters, get only the horizontal ones - they are much better for active young people. Plus, your seat belts won't kill your phone as often.
    01-25-09 12:05 PM

BlackBerry is now the generic Asprin of smartphones.

Does not matter what he is actualy carrying now, in the public mind, it is a BlackBerry.

The virual impact is well underway, Jon Stewart and the late night comics will be playing this theme for the next four years.... easy.

01-25-09 05:40 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD