01-25-09 05:40 PM
- I wonder if he'll still have BBM on the "Barack-Berry". I'd love to see his status be Unavailable, plotting world domination.
Or unavailable, trying to figure out how the f to make good on some of the promises I made during the campaign.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-23-09 08:24 AM
- thinkamp; it's not so much a big deal that Obama has a BB...the big deal is the security threat that using one poses for someone of such capacity. A person; or a group of people wouldn't care to expend their time and energy trying to hack into JUST anyone's BB...however; they would do so in a heartbeat with someone such as the President of the U.S.
I think it's great that Obama is being staunch with wanting to keep his BB; at the same time...I'm sure he fully understands the security ramifications of using his BB can be. This is why his BB has gotten a $3K+ security overhaul.
For far too long; no matter what people say...Presidents have lived in an airtight bubble where they seemingly lose touch with the 'real' outside world (i.e. their constituents, colleagues, friends, etc.) who aren't in this bubble; and can relay to the President a broader picture aside from the formal, daily briefings the President receives.01-23-09 11:01 AM
- 01-23-09 11:07 AM
This is a serious red flag.01-23-09 11:27 AM
- Never assume "amazing" indicates approval. Neither does "fantastic." They describe the out-of-the-ordinary without making judgement. Speaking of which, I don't believe getting political is appreciated by the mods unless you're in the right forum for that sort of thing. This is a forum for discussing the BB aspects of the situation. Have a nice day.01-23-09 11:31 AM
- Never assume "amazing" indicates approval. Neither does "fantastic." They describe the out-of-the-ordinary without making judgement. Speaking of which, I don't believe getting political is appreciated by the mods unless you're in the right forum for that sort of thing. This is a forum for discussing the BB aspects of the situation. Have a nice day.01-23-09 11:38 AM
- Five...you're being a tad bit dramatic with equating the fact that Obama wants to keep his BB in use; with that being indicative of a red flag. Five; not everything that Obama has enjoyed thus far is of his own request...such as the brand-new, supremely-fortified Cadillac limousine that was introduced during his inauguration...the limousine was commissioned by the goverment/Secret Service on their own accord.
Also; from my understanding...it's not even an outright new device that Obama will be getting to replace his BB. Instead; Obama is getting added security software/encryption implemented on his device. Sure, in addition to his BlackBerry; Obama may be getting another communication device that's similar to what (crispycutz) has shared.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-23-09 11:58 AM
Last edited by Five; 01-23-09 at 12:55 PM.01-23-09 12:30 PM
- Sheep? How original...I haven't heard that farm animal used as an analogy before. Try to be a bit more pragmatic if you're going to come back with a retort. I don't think my response had any hidden code where you'd have to use a Ouiji board to deciper it. My words were pretty apparent actually; your conclusion of this being a red flag...is; just as I simply said...dramatic.
Although I do commend you on your efforts that equate to what a perfect regular season for the Patriots last year amounted to when it was all said and done.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-23-09 02:01 PM
- I was in a meeting the other day with a high ranking person from L3 (L-3 Communication Systems - East Home Page). He said they are 3 months away from having a secure BB for the new president. They have been working on this project for the past couple of years.01-25-09 02:08 AM
- I think we should FORCE him to use a Storm. That way, VZN/RIM would have some incentive to get the Storm hardware and software straighten out. Talk about economic stimulus - THAT would be economic stimulus !
PS President Obama: loose the lame vertical holsters, get only the horizontal ones - they are much better for active young people. Plus, your seat belts won't kill your phone as often.01-25-09 12:05 PM
- Reed McLayRetired Moderator
Does not matter what he is actualy carrying now, in the public mind, it is a BlackBerry.
The virual impact is well underway, Jon Stewart and the late night comics will be playing this theme for the next four years.... easy.01-25-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD