What's the best way to restore the Curve to original condition? Would using the instructions for recovering a dead (nuked) BB bring it back to original and re-installing original apps? ( I can manually remove the ones I added)

I have very little personal info on my Curve, just my contacts and some stuff on note pad. I have also deleted many un-needed apps and added a couple simple ones like Google maps weather eye.

It would be easy to delete my contacts since I have them on my pc with outlook (or on my backup on my pc).

Excuse me for being a little verbose, but I think you can tell what my goal is.
    09-20-08 03:59 AM
    Go to Options, Security Options, General Settings, prss Menu and select Wipe Handheld.

Done. All your contacts and personal data will be removed. The phone wil restart empty.
    09-20-08 04:03 AM
    will this reinstall apps that I removed via options>advanced options>>applications?
    09-20-08 04:11 AM
    will this reinstall apps that I removed via options>advanced options>>applications?
    No it will not. This is a phone only operation. Deleted apps can only be reinstalled by using DEsktop Manager or by OTAing them from the website.

The info I gave you will do just what I said in my first post and no more.
    09-20-08 04:24 AM
    Thank you.
    09-20-08 10:19 AM
    You are on the right track with the nuked device instructions.

In order to return it to pristine condition, download the carriers specific OS package and BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

If you use the command line instruction with the /nojvm switch, you will get a forced OS load, overwriting data and setting. The finished result will be identical to a new OS.

You can do exactly the same from Applications Loader by selecting the Advanced button and choosing the delete data and delete 3 party apps buttons.

Personally, I would include CrackMem tuning to remove the samples. Most new owners will never miss them and will appreciate not having to deal with the low memory issues that accompany them.
    09-20-08 10:32 AM
    Deleted apps can only be reinstalled by using DEsktop Manager or by OTAing them from the website.
    So I go into desktop manager, select Application Loader, then what? Click on add? - - not sure what I am looking for?
    09-20-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD