Hi guys, I've just moved to Australia but don't wanna hook up with a contract immediately.
    So what i'm looking for is a prepaid sim where i can get data service. asked from Vodafone, but they don't offer BIS on prepaid sims.
    Any advice?
    thanks
    03-12-12 01:09 AM
    Hi guys, I've just moved to Australia but don't wanna hook up with a contract immediately.
    So what i'm looking for is a prepaid sim where i can get data service. asked from Vodafone, but they don't offer BIS on prepaid sims.
    Any advice?
    thanks
    I have a Blackberry. I am from Canada but spend a lot of time in Australia. What I did was bought an unlocked Android phone and when I landed in Australia bought a prepaid SIM card with data from Telstra.

I have a funny story about Telstra.

When I got there the data did not work at first because I needed the APN. I called Telstra and asked for the APN. They asked what kind of phone I had and when I said a Nexus they said sorry, we don't support that phone I can't help you. I said, all I need is the APN, please tell me what it is and the customer service rep refused. I then asked what phones they support and she said the iphone. I then told her I made a mistake, my phone is actually and iphone and she then gave me the APN.

I put in the APN and was up and running.

The fact that I could not get a prepaid BIS plan when I traveled overseas forced me to Android and now I love this OS.

I still have my blackberry, but it is my junk phone I take skiing, biking and hiking in case I lose it or break it because they are easily replaceable for next to nothing on Craigslist.
    03-12-12 02:50 AM
    I'm a Telstra employee, and we support much more then just the iPhone. If you head into most of the stores we can help out (we actually sell the Nexus).

As to the OPs question, from what I understand Crazy John's have pre-paid BIS.
    03-12-12 03:12 AM
    I'm a Telstra employee, and we support much more then just the iPhone. If you head into most of the stores we can help out (we actually sell the Nexus).

When I bought the Telstra SIM, you guys didn't have the Nexus yet.

Great service and network BTW!
    03-12-12 03:30 AM

Thanks for the tip mate, btw how about crazy john's network? good coverage around melbourne?
    03-13-12 05:36 PM
    Thanks for the tip mate, btw how about crazy john's network? good coverage around melbourne?
    Hi there.

Vodafone do not have prepaid but Crazy Johns has (go figure CJ's on-sell Vodafone) Vodafone has taken a beating here re poor network coverage, but have been (so far in 2012) getting better.
    Blackberry Prepaid is not very popular here in Australia. That being said you do have some options...

Check here: BlackBerry - Consumer

Boost Mobile (Optus) Sims :: boost mobile :: Prepaid Mobile, Prepaid Wireless Broadband, Prepaid SIM Packs & Mobile Phones
    Crazy John's (Vodafone) Crazy John's $29 BlackBerry SIM Pack | Crazy John's
    BBIsTheBest likes this.
    03-13-12 10:52 PM
    Any advice?
    thanks
    Hi,

You can use Sims :: boost mobile :: Prepaid Mobile, Prepaid Wireless Broadband, Prepaid SIM Packs & Mobile Phones twas good for 12 months. I used that before when i was in Sydney
    04-06-12 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD