I am new to the Forum hello from Germany I have a few tips if you are travelling or moving to Germany and still want to keep using your BB

Vodafone has a pre paid (pay as you go ) option great way to keep your roaming cost down.

Or if you are staying for a few month there is O2 Germany they have a monthly plan so you can kick it once you go back home great thing about this plan is that you ll never pay more than 50 euros a moth but if you call home well than you could end up paying much more.

hope it is useful to some one

regards
    Culex316 likes this.
    07-27-11 06:27 PM
    Thanks for sharing the this. The more info like this, the better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 06:29 PM
    You can unlock Blackberry online and get a pre paid sim card in Germany from the cheap carrier you can find there suits you.
    07-27-11 08:02 PM
    You can unlock Blackberry online and get a pre paid sim card in Germany from the cheap carrier you can find there suits you.
    What the OP means is that now you can get prepaid BIS service in Germany whereas before it didn't exist.
    07-27-11 09:27 PM
    What the OP means is that now you can get prepaid BIS service in Germany whereas before it didn't exist.
    Precisely. But sadly only from Vodafone ;(
    No word from o2 yet. Ohh, I really hope they are doing it, too.
    I am no Friend of contracts and therefore still have no BES/BIS on my phone.
    *keepingmyfingerscrossedformoreprepaidbesis*
    07-28-11 12:51 AM
    Hello, from my experience, there are no prepaid carriers that offer a BB support.
    I got my SIM from germansimcard.com and although the prices and the coverage are excellent (Fonic uses the o2 network), the BB service is not supported. But I did fine using apps and the browser. I received a voucher for a free SIM-Card (to be used at checkout): "Germany". You should get a 100% discount on the card and get it for free. Since it has 20 € of credit on it...
    10-22-11 04:20 AM
    I am new to the Forum hello from Germany I have a few tips if you are travelling or moving to Germany and still want to keep using your BB

Vodafone has a pre paid (pay as you go ) option great way to keep your roaming cost down.

Or if you are staying for a few month there is O2 Germany they have a monthly plan so you can kick it once you go back home great thing about this plan is that you ll never pay more than 50 euros a moth but if you call home well than you could end up paying much more.

hope it is useful to some one

regards
    Hi,
    It is nice to read your post! Can you also please guide me how to buy this? Actually last time I was in Germany, it was very difficult to communicate to the retailer what I wanted due to lack of german knowledge. Also, please can you confirm if the prepaid BB offered by Vodafone allow tethering to my laptop?
    Basically, i'll be in germany for exactly 8 days, so even a plan of 1GB teethering data would be fine for me. Can you please advice what should I tell the retailer if I need to buy a prepaid vodafone sim, with a small calling credit and 1 Gb data valid for roughly 8 days?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    11-24-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD