When I try and use Poynt or Blackberry Maps, it doesn't connect to my GPS. I have tried:

1. Perform a Battery Pull
    2. Reinstalling Poynt
    3. Verified Permissions are set right
    4. Verified Options>Advanced>GPS is set to on

VZ Nav works fine and UberBerry. I am running the Offical 5.0 OS Release. Can anyone help me out?
    10-29-09 03:27 PM
    So I take it no one can help me on this problem?
    10-30-09 08:20 AM
    so i guess you don't have by chance figured out your problem?
    because i have exactly the same problem and it drives me mad!
    10-30-09 04:09 PM
    When you say it doesn't connect to your GPS - do you mean it cannont locate you? Or it can't give you directions to something?
    10-30-09 04:12 PM
    I have the same issue. All the GPS is turned on in settings, but using any GPS app it will never sync with the satellites. This only started happening after I updated to 5.0.
    10-30-09 04:28 PM
    I have the same issue. All the GPS is turned on in settings, but using any GPS app it will never sync with the satellites. This only started happening after I updated to 5.0.
    Is it set to 911 or Location, if 911 change to location.

P.S. If you haven't already!
    10-30-09 05:08 PM
    No its not set to 911. I wish it was something that simple.
    10-30-09 08:40 PM
    Its not locating me and Blackberry Maps just says searching for Satellites. Its on Location not 911. I already thought of that one but thanks.
    10-30-09 09:01 PM
    Set all permissions to allow and see if that fixes the problem maybe?
    10-30-09 09:24 PM
    Yes I already checked that. IT'S IN MY ORGINAL POST. No offense but do people just scroll all the way down and not read anything up top?
    10-30-09 10:42 PM
    5.0.0.328 - GPS not working at all.
    older versions are Ok.
    10-31-09 12:02 PM
    I was having problems with the GPS yesterday morning, but later last night and today it has been working well in google maps and blackberry maps. I didn't change any settings :|
    10-31-09 02:04 PM
    I have similar problem, only in reverse. My vznav will time out on the GPS of I use BBMaps and/or poynt. If I don't use BBMapps or Poynt, VZNav works great. It is like VZNav can't use the GPS because the other two have not released it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 02:16 PM
    BB Home Menu -> Options -> Status -> Show Keyboard -> type "test" -> Select "GPS" -> start testing.
    It doesn't show any Sattellites there, GPS not working in 328 build.
    10-31-09 02:22 PM
    BB Home Menu -> Options -> Status -> Show Keyboard -> type "test" -> Select "GPS" -> start testing.
    It doesn't show any Sattellites there, GPS not working in 328 build.
    Tried this, and no luck seeing any satellites. I tried a couple of leak OS's before the release OS, and ever since I went to any 5.0 version my GPS does not work. Worked fine in 4.7.
    10-31-09 03:33 PM
    I tried to install poynt on my storm2 and it said "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier" ? I was downloading from a link sent to my gmail that had me go to the bb app world. ??
    10-31-09 06:02 PM
    I tried to install poynt on my storm2 and it said "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier" ? I was downloading from a link sent to my gmail that had me go to the bb app world. ??
    m.mypoynt.com

works on son's S1 and my S2.
    10-31-09 08:54 PM
    m.mypoynt.com

works on son's S1 and my S2.
    Yay! Got it! Thanks for the help! Appreciate it!
    10-31-09 10:26 PM
    So I fixed my problem. It was a long and painful process but Poynt and Blackberry Maps do work on .328. I ended up having to wipe my device, downgrade to the most recent 4.7 OS and then reinstall 5.0.0.328. I even emailed Poynt just for them to tell me I wasn't using a Storm when I was. It was a little frustrating but I got it fixed. The only thing I can thing was wrong is when I loaded .328 a file got corrupt and loaded wrong. I also want to note that when I originally loaded .328 I used DM and did the device update. That at first bricked my phone with a app error 205. The only way I could get a successful 328 load was with loader.exe. I don't know why I used DM this time because every other time I installed a leaked OS I used app loader.exe but for some reason I did. I urge everyone not to use DM to load an OS. I have never had a problem using app loader and the one time I used DM it bricked my phone twice. I hope this helps everyone that was having this problem. It seems like along process but I suggest downgrading to 4.7 then install .328 without using DM. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 10:17 AM
    I'm not sure if this makes any sense, but I was also having the same issue, and I noticed the city id app running in the background. I never subsribed to it, but it seemed like it was always on. I deleted it, and GPS was back. I did the same thing for someone else that was having the same problem. Poynt, Maps, Google Maps......all working now.
    11-17-09 08:34 AM
    Someone posted a thread in OS forums about deleting the service book and re registering to fix an issue with Blackberry Maps...

Maybe that will fix your guys issues. My GPS works...it just seems slower and not to word as well indoors at it did on older OS.
    11-17-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD