Hi have a Curve 8530 and know that BB has the option to power off up to 1 hr later to require a password to unlock the device. This time (1hr ) is too short for me ... is there a way to set the "time off" feature to 6 or 12 hrs?? Any ideas?
    03-13-10 10:16 PM
    I'm not familiar with the function you are describing. There is an Auto on/off capability, if you want your BlackBerry to turn off and on at the same time every day. If you set a password, the BlackBerry will always turn on locked and will require the password be entered to use it.
    03-13-10 10:28 PM
    I belive the OP is referring to:

Options / Security/Options / General Settings.

Under Password, there is a setting for Security Timeout. The default is 2 min, but it can be increased to 1 hour. After the elapsed time, the device will lock itself until a password is entered.

One hour is the maximum interval. If your BlackBerry is lost or stolen, that is a small price to pay for password security.

03-14-10 10:28 AM
    Thanks guys - yes, I am looking to see if I can extend the "time out" function to more than 1 hour (as the Treo does). Any ideas??
    03-14-10 11:39 AM
    No, Reed is correct. You can't extend the timeout interval beyond one hour. Resetting the timer requires a physical keystroke. Watching a movie or using a GPS won't reset it.
    03-14-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD