Hello!

I have been using the iPhone 3G for around 2 years now, and with the new iOS4 software upgrade, the phone has turned into a piece of junk. I thought about getting the iPhone 4, but I think it's time to try something new!

I'm looking to switch over to a BB Bold 9700, and I've been doing research for a while now, but I was hoping I could get some answers to my questions!

Anyone switch over from an iPhone to a BB? Did you have problems getting adjusted?
    I'm kind of apprehensive about going from the large touch screen to a smaller screen with a track pad. Also, I'm not sure how the transfer would work with all my contacts, email, music... etc?

I also have a mac as my personal computer... any issues with compatibility?

Finally, after reading through the threads on here, I saw some comments regarding the Bold 9780. (I'm not really interested in the Torch 9800)
    I'm torn between whether I should get the 9700, or if I should just wait it out for the 9780?
    However, I'm about to throw my phone out a window, so if the 9780 isn't coming out for a while I'm not sure I can hold out!

Any other feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for all your help!

J
    08-03-10 12:36 PM
    Moving to BB Discussion, it will get better responses there. Myself I WOULD get the 9800. Of course I don't meet your criterion as I never owned an iphone!
    08-03-10 02:02 PM
    After using the iPhone 3G for roughly the same amount of time as you, I can say I do not regret purchasing my 9700. That being said, if time is not a factor, I would wait until you are able to grab up the 9800.
    08-03-10 02:28 PM
    Hello!

I have been using the iPhone 3G for around 2 years now, and with the new iOS4 software upgrade, the phone has turned into a piece of junk. I thought about getting the iPhone 4, but I think it's time to try something new!

I'm looking to switch over to a BB Bold 9700, and I've been doing research for a while now, but I was hoping I could get some answers to my questions!

Anyone switch over from an iPhone to a BB? Did you have problems getting adjusted?
    I'm kind of apprehensive about going from the large touch screen to a smaller screen with a track pad. Also, I'm not sure how the transfer would work with all my contacts, email, music... etc?

I also have a mac as my personal computer... any issues with compatibility?

Finally, after reading through the threads on here, I saw some comments regarding the Bold 9780. (I'm not really interested in the Torch 9800)
    I'm torn between whether I should get the 9700, or if I should just wait it out for the 9780?
    However, I'm about to throw my phone out a window, so if the 9780 isn't coming out for a while I'm not sure I can hold out!

Any other feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for all your help!

J

My suggestion is to roll back the O/S on the Iphone to something pre 4.0.
    9700 is a great device, but not necessary to throw out the old Iphone when a roll back will solve your issues.
    08-04-10 03:44 AM
    My suggestion is to roll back the O/S on the Iphone to something pre 4.0.
    9700 is a great device, but not necessary to throw out the old Iphone when a roll back will solve your issues.
    I was unaware that you could roll back the OS of your iPhone, I always understood it that when you sync your iPhone with iTunes, it prompts you that there is an OS upgrade, and asks if you want to perform said upgrade, I don't think you can just roll back, but I'm not really sure, I've never had an iPhone.
    Since you're not really looking to get the Torch, then I would suggest the 9700. It's arguably the best BB available (at least before the Torch was announced), and it was revealed yesterday in Mike L.'s blog that the 9700 will get OS6. It'll no doubt take a little getting used to since you're used to using an all touch device, but I think you'll find that the customizability of the BB platform is really nice. One of my favorite features is that you can customize your alerts to your liking, numerous different tones for different kinds of things, it's really nice. Another nice feature is that the applications all kind of work together, 3rd party and naitive.

Give it a shot, if it doesn't work out you do have the 30 days to return the phone and get a different device of your choosing.
    08-04-10 07:25 AM
    People are recommending to you what they would do. However, we don't yet know what your priorities are, how you will use the phone, what types of features you can/can't live without...etc.

Once you can provide that info, I think the responses you get will be most valuable.
    08-04-10 07:50 AM
    Well as far a priorities go, I use my phone primarily for email at work. I like the games/apps.. etc, but I don't really use them all that much. The apps I use the most on my phone are twitter and sudoku, I'm not a "gamer" by any means.

Other than that, what I use my phone the most for is music. I have a iPod dock I use to listen to music when I'm at home, so I wouldn't be able to use that with the bold, but I can get around that.

I'm kind of just over the iPhone for now. Not sure I really like the shape/feel of the new iPhone as compared to the bold.
    08-04-10 08:43 AM
    Well as far a priorities go, I use my phone primarily for email at work. I like the games/apps.. etc, but I don't really use them all that much. The apps I use the most on my phone are twitter and sudoku, I'm not a "gamer" by any means.

Other than that, what I use my phone the most for is music. I have a iPod dock I use to listen to music when I'm at home, so I wouldn't be able to use that with the bold, but I can get around that.

I'm kind of just over the iPhone for now. Not sure I really like the shape/feel of the new iPhone as compared to the bold.
    Not sure what iPod dock you have, but I own a Bose Sound Dock and am able to listen to music from my Bold via an auxiliary cord.

Based on your needs, a Blackberry sounds like a great phone for you! The 9700 is an amazing device that you would definitely be happy with. Given the choice, I would take a 9800 though. It has all the great things the 9700 has to offer + much more.
    08-04-10 11:32 AM
    Well the 9700 with OS6 would still have a lot of application memory left.
    08-04-10 12:15 PM
    If I were you I would wait for the 9780. The 9700 is a great device, and will get the OS6 update, but it makes more sense to get the refreshed version with more memory and better camera. Plus the 9780 will be launched with OS6, the OS6 update for the 9700 is carrier dependent and god knows when we'll get it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 05:57 PM
    If you are wanting a bb touchscreen phone then maybe you should check out the Torch when it comes out in a few days.
    08-05-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD