Hi!

Alright, so I'm thinking of getting a Blackberry and see what the fuzz is all about.
    I don't really need it like how others need it, but I really just want one soo baad!
    I'm going to be with AT&T but since I don't know much about BB's I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions or fill me in with some info please.

I wanted to try BB (curve) coz it's so sexy with its QWERTY
    I don't really need it as much for e-mail since I'm always around computers and i don't need to check my e-mails as much.
    But I am a heavy texter and IM
    so I'm thinking of just getting the Messaging Unlimited.
    soooo..

Stupid questions

Should I get the Unlimited data if I wont really be using e-mail or internet?
    But since I'll be downloading AIM,Yahoo or MSN to the BB since it's not built-in I'm going to be using the internet (which uses data) to download it right?
    Does IM uses data?

HELP? soorry I'm sucha Nooob.
    04-19-08 04:50 PM
    Get the data plan. You'll find ways to use it The Curve is great!
    04-19-08 04:54 PM
    I suggest to download JiveTalk from BeeJive.com Its free for the first 30 days and then a straight one time fee of $20. Its great I love it, I'm a heavy IM and texter also... But yes you need the data plan, I dont see how people have a BB without the data plan. Especially casual users like me and you.

But you are sooooo going to love your BB!
    04-19-08 04:57 PM
    Yes IM uses data
    04-19-08 05:14 PM
    Get the data plan. Better to be safe than sorry. Any apps you may download that may use data could cause some big surprises on your bill!
    04-19-08 05:17 PM
    Get data. Your berry wants data. It needs the data. It can't live without the data. Hehe. Ok not seriously but I'd recommend it. And I used to think the same thing about email until I got my berry and now when email just shows up it's so nice.

Get your berry and try it out. If not, take it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 05:21 PM
    get the data plan. you just think you dont need it.
    04-19-08 05:24 PM
    Hi!

Alright, so I'm thinking of getting a Blackberry and see what the fuzz is all about.
    I don't really need it like how others need it, but I really just want one soo baad!
    I'm going to be with AT&T but since I don't know much about BB's I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions or fill me in with some info please.

I wanted to try BB (curve) coz it's so sexy with its QWERTY
    I don't really need it as much for e-mail since I'm always around computers and i don't need to check my e-mails as much.
    But I am a heavy texter and IM
    so I'm thinking of just getting the Messaging Unlimited.
    soooo..

Stupid questions

Should I get the Unlimited data if I wont really be using e-mail or internet?
    But since I'll be downloading AIM,Yahoo or MSN to the BB since it's not built-in I'm going to be using the internet (which uses data) to download it right?
    Does IM uses data?

HELP? soorry I'm sucha Nooob.
    You are already Hooked,and you haven't even get your BB as yet!
    "I don't really need it like how others need it, but I really just want one soo baad!"
    Recognize this Statement?
    WELCOME to the Crack!
    04-19-08 08:23 PM
    Get the unlimited data plan. I agree with Erik, I didn't much care about my emails either but it's so nice to have them at my fingertips. You'll love your Crackberry.

04-19-08 08:41 PM
    Oh, you are sooooo about to get hook on crackberry!

This is your last chance, do you want to take the "red" pill or the "blue" one?

There is no turning back!

04-19-08 08:43 PM
    Yes, data plan!! Believe me, there's always reasons from using it whether you're on the road and want to look up the number to a restaurant to order some food on your way home from a long day at the office or you're addicted to having to know everything when a question is asked like I... It's always there? Text messaging doesn't use data but those AIM and MSN applications do.

I never thought I would use my BB as much as I do but I was so so so wrong!!! I'm glad I have the unlimited data plan when I see my usage on my bill every month... Hahaha. Anyone else with me?

04-19-08 08:59 PM
    Well you have the option of downloading the carriers I'm app that uses data.

If IM is all you are going to use. Be aware that they may still use a little bit of data to connect, I'm unsure.

If you are with t-mobile, its only $20 for unlimited data.

04-19-08 09:21 PM
    Go for the unlimited plan. Maps and etc. will use a lot of data traffic.
    04-19-08 09:38 PM
    Oh, you are sooooo about to get hook on crackberry!

This is your last chance, do you want to take the "red" pill or the "blue" one?

There is no turning back!

LOL! I've only had mine since this past Thursday night and I am so HOOKED.
    04-19-08 10:06 PM
    If you think the Curve looks sexy, just wait until you hold it in your hands! Its the sleekest most sexiest phone I've ever held in my hands! You'll have a hard time keeping it inside a case/skin.

If you'll be IM'ng a lot, I will strongly suggest getting a data plan like the others because none of the stand alone IM apps work w/o it, except for jivetalk that works with wifi. You can however just use sms for them but I've only tried it with Yahoo and not sure if the others have that capability.

04-19-08 10:10 PM
    you guys are amazing... and pure BB addicts!
    thanks so much for the response, you guys helped alot.
    Unlimited Data it is!

<3
    04-20-08 11:49 AM
    Glad we can help
    Let us know when you get your new bb!
    Welcome to the crack

04-20-08 12:48 PM
    Well all the CrackBerries agree... Get the BERRY (Curve), Get the DATA (Unlimited), Get a piece of the good life... (People will want to touch it just hit them with a stick and walk away... If you don't know them.)

04-20-08 04:46 PM
    Enjoy and welcome to CB.
    04-20-08 04:50 PM
    Alright he's took the bait.....go ahead and set the hook!! LoL

04-20-08 04:55 PM
    Welcome to cb

04-20-08 05:03 PM
    Alright he's took the bait.....go ahead and set the hook!! LoL