12-18-07 01:40 AM
- I recently was having issues with my UMA connection on my BB 8320 at home and I finally found a way to fix it definitely...at least for my situation. Hopefully this will help some people that have been getting the W006.1 UMA error. At first I thought there might have been an outage but it didn't make any sense when I called a friend in the area and his UMA was fine. I'm in NJ by the way.
This is my setup at home...I have a Cable internet connection and a NetGear WNR854T router...I also have VoIP coming in from the same Cable modem. This only applies to Cable Broadband (Cable Internet) users. This is what I did to fix my UMA:
1. Unplug power from both the router and the cable modem. If your cable modem has battery backup (mine does), you'll have to use the reset button which may require a needle of some sort.
2. Disconnect Ethernet cable (which should be connected to the router) and phone cable from the modem. After this step is where you would want to press the reset button on a cable modem with battery backup.
3. Power cable modem back on. Wait for all lights to stop flashing and whatnot. Link lights might continue to flash because the router is [B]disconnected.
4. Connect VoIP phone cable back into modem. Make sure that the phone is working.
5. Power Router back on. Wait for all lights to stop flashing. WLAN light may continue to flash if you have wireless devices setup to connect to the router.
6. Connect Ethernet cable (which should be coming from the router) to the cable modem. Give the router about 20-30 seconds to connect to the internet.
7. Test the internet connection on a PC or whatever to make sure it works. If it does...then your UMA should be working also.
It's basically just resetting all the internet devices...Let me know if this works for anyone.12-17-07 02:00 PMLike 0
- Yep. That's how you reset your system. TMobile had major issues with UMA from Dec 7th through Dec 12th. It was somewhat sporatic, although didn't work for me hardly at all through that time period. A few users still had UMA while most others did not. The problems are mostly fixed now, however.12-18-07 01:40 AMLike 0
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD