I have the blackberry Bold 9650 with Sprint with my personal e-mail and my work e-mail set up throw BIS working beautifully.

However I travel to many Caribbean islands for work and stay for two to four weeks at the time so I buy local prepaid SIM cards so I can have a local number however when I try to configure voice mail and e-mail settings then when I come back to USA things get messed up.

So I decided to buy a second device unlocked (BB torch 9800) so I can just put any sim card from any Island I go so I can make local phone calls and clients can call me to a local number as well. I am trying to set up my two e-mail accounts on this second device but I am not sure if this is posible at all since this BB 9800 is not registered with any carrier. I would like to receive my e-mails on this device so I don't have to check my primary one all the time. I usally dont buy a full internet plan just call and text and use Wi-FI to download e-mails and send BB messages.

the questions are:
    Can this be done? if so will both devices receive the e-mails seamlessly? or will one device over ride the other? I spent hours looking online and through forums and doing searches and I can not find an answer. Can anybody help? Thank you
    12-21-11 10:58 PM
    I have the blackberry Bold 9650 with Sprint with my personal e-mail and my work e-mail set up throw BIS working beautifully.

However I travel to many Caribbean islands for work and stay for two to four weeks at the time so I buy local prepaid SIM cards so I can have a local number however when I try to configure voice mail and e-mail settings then when I come back to USA things get messed up.

So I decided to buy a second device unlocked (BB torch 9800) so I can just put any sim card from any Island I go so I can make local phone calls and clients can call me to a local number as well. I am trying to set up my two e-mail accounts on this second device but I am not sure if this is posible at all since this BB 9800 is not registered with any carrier. I would like to receive my e-mails on this device so I don't have to check my primary one all the time. I usally dont buy a full internet plan just call and text and use Wi-FI to download e-mails and send BB messages.

the questions are:
    Can this be done? if so will both devices receive the e-mails seamlessly? or will one device over ride the other? I spent hours looking online and through forums and doing searches and I can not find an answer. Can anybody help? Thank you

The way you want to do it, no it can't be done, your Second BB needs to be registered to a BIS to receive the emails, you possibly need to buy a prepaid BB plan in north America, and then do your switching back and forward between plans when you travel that MAY work
    12-22-11 05:53 AM
    If you are using WIFI with prepaid sim cards and, you switch many sim cards.. then maybe the best thing for you will be using a webmail for your email.
    12-22-11 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD