I have a new 8820 for work. I would like to set up my personal email accounts on it for outgoing email only. This is because I already receive my incoming messages on my personal BB (8130) and would just like to have the options of sending an outgoing email on my work BB if needed. Is there a way to do this?
    01-22-09 11:40 AM
    I don't think you can, Moxie. But, you can try.
    Go to Email Setup from your BB menu button.
    Provide the email address, but no password.
    [Reason: if you provide the password, it will
    probably automatically set things up and not
    allow you to custom configure, as below]. If
    this doesn't work, provide the password and
    see if you can choose "I will provide settings"
    option before it authenticates.

If refusing the password DOES work, choose
    "I will provide settings" option. I don't
    remember if you have the ability to define
    the incoming server AND the outgoing server ...
    or just THE server. If it provides you the
    ability to define only the outgoing server, without
    providing the incoming, then you may be able
    to win the battle.

I could be full of it here, but this is what I
    would try first. I hope this makes sense.
    01-22-09 10:03 PM
    If you have BIS and not BES, you can log into your account online and set up a filter to prevent incoming emails from being sent to your BB. I set up a filter to prevent certain senders from forwarding to my BB due to the amount of mail and the time of day they send me stuff.

If you have BES, maybe someone else can chime in. I am not familiar with BES.
    01-22-09 11:30 PM
    Thank you both!
    01-24-09 12:40 AM
    If you have BIS and not BES, you can log into your account online and set up a filter to prevent incoming emails from being sent to your BB. I set up a filter to prevent certain senders from forwarding to my BB due to the amount of mail and the time of day they send me stuff.

If you have BES, maybe someone else can chime in. I am not familiar with BES.

This is true. You need to go to THIS LINK and then it will ask for your username and password. it "should" be whatever you set up when you purchased your BB, and from there, you will be able to add/edit your email accounts. Then set up a filter to block all incoming email, and you will be able to send from your BB, although you won't see the responses either.
    01-24-09 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD