This past weekend I was at the mall and really needed to dial 9-1-1 while chasing an armed perp. I was off duty and needed to act. It made it difficult to have to swipe up on my Z to unlock, hit the phone icon and then hit dial pad icon before I could start to dial.

I know when I have a pin lock on the phone the emergency icon is on the home screen, but I don't really like to keep a lock on my phone. I have played around with the phone for a while and don't see an option to keep the emergency icon on the home screen or I'm just not seeing it if it is there.

If it is there, someone please advise how to keep it on the lock screen. If there isn't an option for it then I believe BlackBerry should implement it with the next update. Not everyone keeps pin/password locks on their device and this would be a great safety feature to have. The quicker someone can dial for help can save a life.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bluline79; 12-04-13 at 10:35 AM.
    12-04-13 10:05 AM
    This past weekend I was at the mall and really needed to dial 9-1-1 while chasing an armed perp. I was off duty and needed to act. It made it difficult to have to swipe up on my Z to unlock, hit the phone icon and then hit dial pad icon before I could start to dial.

I know when I have a pin lock on the phone the emergency icon is on the home screen, but I don't really like to keep a lock on my phone. I have played around with the phone for a while and don't see an option to keep the emergency icon on the home screen or I'm just not seeing it if it is there.

If it is there someone please advise how to keep it on the lock screen. If there isn't an option for it then I believe BlackBerry should implement it with the next update. Not everyone keeps pin/password locks on their device and this would be a great safety feature to have. The quicker someone can dial for help can save a life.

Posted via CB10
    mi friend is you have a lock screen with a password, when you swipe up, intead of entering the password in the top rigth you will have the emergency button to make the call as you push it, it will ask are you sure you want to make the call, put ok an that will be it
    12-04-13 10:13 AM
    I know that. But like I stated, I generally don't keep my device password locked. I like the swipe up feature and the phone is good to go without the extra step of in putting a pin or password.

I love my phone and just would like that as an added feature in future updates.

Posted on CB using my badass Z10!
    12-04-13 10:38 AM
    I know that. But like I stated, I generally don't keep my device password locked. I like the swipe up feature and the phone is good to go without the extra step of in putting a pin or password.

yeah that is an issue, understand that is a more easy way, but remember that the password keep you device protect, and you can choose the amount of time before it get lock
    12-04-13 11:17 AM

Why not add it as a contact and have it pinned to the top as one of the 3 quick access contacts on the dialling screen?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 11:19 AM
    That's true I hadn't thought of that.

12-04-13 01:34 PM
    Another option is - after adding a contact, you could possibly use voice control - (activated via the the Mute Key).

CB10 via Z10
    12-04-13 02:09 PM
    just stop chasing people, problem solved....LOL
    m1kr0 and jrohland like this.
    12-04-13 02:14 PM
    "People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"
    George Orwell

That's a quote that was given to me on a plaque when I retired.
    There's a certain strain of blood that runs through Bluline79 veins that won't allow him others and including myself to do what you suggest.

Posted via CB10
    bennelong, bbq10l and Bluline79 like this.
    12-04-13 02:26 PM
    "People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"
    George Orwell

That's a quote that was given to me on a plaque when I retired.
    There's a certain strain of blood that runs through Bluline79 veins that won't allow him others and including myself to do what you suggest.

Posted via CB10
    ~face palm~

the "LOL" implies a joke ...... smh
    12-04-13 02:35 PM
    Ibpluto what I wrote was merely a tip of the hat to Blineline79, in no way was it meant to so easily frustrate you with face palms and the shaking of heads.

With teenagers I am very well versed in interweb slang and abbreviations.
    Again no animals were harmed in the making of my post.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    12-04-13 02:55 PM
    Another option is - after adding a contact, you could possibly use voice control - (activated via the the Mute Key).

CB10 via Z10
    This isn't really a viable option, the voice assistance doesn't do well in loud places. I've tried to use the sayit app as well and even though it's an improvement over the BlackBerry voice assistance, it still doesn't do well when in noisy places.

12-04-13 07:25 PM
    Wish I could stop, but it's my nature and I can't help but to act. My wife hates that I am like this off duty, but she knows and understands what she married into...lol

12-04-13 07:27 PM
    This isn't really a viable option, the voice assistance doesn't do well in loud places. I've tried to use the sayit app as well and even though it's an improvement over the BlackBerry voice assistance, it still doesn't do well when in noisy places.

There's also an App called "Speed Dial" which will place Picture (of a Contact) Icons on your Home screen, where if you touch on an icon you'll be presented with a simple "Dial Contact" or "Cancel" pop-up dialogue (if my memory serves me correctly).
    Here's the BlackBerry World (recommendation) link:
    "Check out Speed Dial at Home Screen for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/31102896 "
    If used with the "Allow Power/Lock Key to Unlock Device" - option under "Display" in your Settings it should provide a reasonably quick solution for you.

CB10 via Z10
    12-04-13 08:26 PM