Vodafone Portugal, OFF too...
    Just hope doesnt happen like the last year.
    1 week without BlackBerry service.
    09-21-12 05:47 AM
    data flowing through the Vodafone network in United Kingdom

If not then do a reset of the device left Alt+RightCaps+Del at the same time or just pop the battery out
    09-21-12 05:58 AM
    If you are a BES Admin then you have plenty of time to install Service Pack 4.
    09-21-12 06:03 AM
    Vodafone Greece it seems ok now but I am waiting for an update from their technical support and from rim support.
    09-21-12 06:07 AM
    My 9900 is sending and receiving...
    09-21-12 06:17 AM
    I stated earlier that RIM better take this recent downturn of theirs as an opportunity to ensure that this never happens again.
    I hope this is not their fault but I cannot see how that would be the case unless some line was cut or something.
    This absolutely CANNOT happen once BB10 goes live.
    09-21-12 06:23 AM
    I'm in Ireland and no outage here neither. Works for me
    09-21-12 06:43 AM
    This has been resolved by RIM. As was stated earlier, planned maintenance did not go as planned and downtime was extended while they fixed the issue.
    09-21-12 06:47 AM
    Everything's ok in France so far..
    09-21-12 06:47 AM
    From N4BB:

"..Earlier today, while most of the N4BB team was sleeping, users in the UK on Vodafone experienced an outage. Apparently, RIM was doing maintenance, but something occurred which did not allow them to turn BlackBerry services back on.

RIM sent us the following statement: Our apologies to any customers impacted by the BlackBerry service issue today. We can confirm that services have been restored and are now operating normally..."
    09-21-12 06:58 AM
    At least it was just hours and not days, although it happened in the middle of the day in Europe.
    09-21-12 07:00 AM
    Here in Germany BIS was out too - started this morning, don't know when exactly though; noticed it around 10am - and lasted till 1:24pm. I'm on Vodafone.
    Hope it's not a bad omen for RIM...
    09-21-12 07:00 AM
    Here in Germany BIS was out too - started this morning, don't know when exactly though; noticed it around 10am - and lasted till 1:24pm. I'm on Vodafone.
    Hope it's not a bad omen for RIM...
    If you have done sever/network maintenance, sometimes things happen that extend down times unexpectedly. This happens to all companies, in all networks, not just RIM.
    09-21-12 07:01 AM
    LONDON--Research in Motion Ltd. said Friday that it has restored BlackBerry services after some users in Europe, the Middle East and Africa couldn't access instant messaging, email and the Internet for a few hours.

The company also apologized to customers.

"Our apologies to any customers impacted by the BlackBerry service issue today. We can confirm that services have been restored and are now operating normally," RIM said in a brief statement.

RIM restores BlackBerry service - MarketWatch
    09-21-12 07:22 AM
    My Bold is already receiving and sending emails as normal!
    09-21-12 09:40 AM
    Funny when it happens to RIM its all over the media and reported many times in business networks but when it happens to apple not a word. I didn't know that imessage has had numerous outages for hours at a time untill i had to do a google search. like Sith_Apprentice said "If you have done sever/network maintenance, sometimes things happen that extend down times unexpectedly. This happens to all companies, in all networks, not just RIM" . If you are RIM you get attacked and bashed. At least the media isn't biased and not on apple payroll.

Users apparently aren't getting the iMessage | Apple - CNET News

imessage has had outages for iMessage outages hit again (Update: back up for many) | 9to5Mac
    09-21-12 09:52 AM
    Not working for me or my girlfriend again, here in the UK. Worked for a bit around lunchtime, but since then we're having to resort to texts!
    09-21-12 10:21 AM
    I live in Spain and i just call to Vodafone and they told that it was resolved but I continue ougtage the BlackBerry service doesnt come. I have to force my signal activyting my Data and WiFi the same time y sometime present the service but is gone
    09-21-12 10:24 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD