I don't know much about technology or my blackberry so i was hoping that someone could help me. My blackberry curve has been recently deleting my call logs and messages on its own. I had had this problem a long time ago when i used to keep photos and such on my phone without a memory card but i was told to delete that stuff as to not to take up too much memory. I don't have any photos on my phone, no songs or extra ringtones, i deleted the "sample video", there's basically nothing on my phone except that my blackberry keeps on deleting my stuff and it's starting to annoy me. I don't know how to check how much free space i have on my phone or whatever to verify if this is a memory leak or not. I don't know what i'm doing... can someone help me?

thanks,
    xxblankxx
    11-18-08 04:04 PM
    Start by checking your file free. Options > Status. Your berry needs 12mb to operate properly. If you are around that number then use the memory opt in my signature to free up some space. Also, list the app you are currently running. If you have Facebook installed, delete it. It has lots of issues and could be your culprit.
    11-18-08 05:51 PM
    Where do you get this random 12mb size from? Such a requirement does not exist.

Low Memory Management is triggered between 400KB - 800KB memory free. There is no such 12MB requirement.
    11-18-08 07:13 PM
    11-18-08 07:19 PM
    Where do you get this random 12mb size from? Such a requirement does not exist.

Low Memory Management is triggered between 400KB - 800KB memory free. There is no such 12MB requirement.
    I can go lower than 12 mb only because I don't keep logs on my phone. However many start having trouble when memory gets lower than 12 mb.

Facebook and myspace are known culprits for memory leakage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 07:23 PM
    You can check your free memory quick by holding your alt and shift key down and press H

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD