is it possible to manage wifi and Bluetooth through profiles. what i want is to create two profiles. in-the car where Bluetooth is on and alerts are all off and outside the ar where bluetooth is off and all alerts are on. I would like to do this to maximize battery through out the day.
    06-06-12 01:17 PM
    Sure can, option/sound & ringtone/profile management. Add custom profile.
    06-06-12 01:48 PM
    You can set up the alerts easily enough as RoseBud68 suggested. In fact you can simply use the vibrate only shortcut key - # - Pressing # again will switch back to whatever Profile was previously in use. It's a useful feature.

What you cannot do is to switch WiFi and Bluetooth on and off via Profiles.

You may be able to convince one of the many app writers that inhabit CrackBerry to write an app that does this for you. Expect to pay for this service though.
    06-06-12 02:02 PM
    Smart Accessories like the iGrip PerfektFit charging dock will do this. It has the USB id chip and is recognized by the phone as a Smart Accessory. Once you dock the phone, you can go into Options->Device->Smart Accessories and set the options you want in effect while docked: start application, sound profile, mobile radio on/off, wi-fi on/off, BT on/off.

When you undock, the phone reverts to the prior settings.

And thanks for posing the question. Until now I never thought to turn off wi-fi while docked to eliminate drive-by acquisition of Starbucks and McDonald's access points!
    Pete6 likes this.
    06-08-12 03:55 PM
    You can set up the alerts easily enough as RoseBud68 suggested. In fact you can simply use the vibrate only shortcut key - # - Pressing # again will switch back to whatever Profile was previously in use. It's a useful feature.

What you cannot do is to switch WiFi and Bluetooth on and off via Profiles.

You may be able to convince one of the many app writers that inhabit CrackBerry to write an app that does this for you. Expect to pay for this service though.

I am surprised rim would not add this option to profiles. Given so,so battery life on 9810 any power saving option is welcomed.
    06-09-12 08:34 AM
    Too bad the 9810 didn't have NFC, because then what you are asking would be a breeze.....us 9810 people have to wait until we upgrade to BB10.
    06-09-12 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD