Hi! I was curious if it's possible to have one email account on multiple BB devices?

So pretty much receiving emails from the same account to multiple devices at the same time...

Thanks!
    02-07-10 06:55 AM
    It should be similar to what happens if you have a desktop email client and the same email set up in BIS. As long as nobody deletes it, it will still be there when either client checks it.
    02-07-10 08:19 AM
    It is possible but bear in mind, if you
    re using BIS you would not have complete records on either handheld.

Assuming you use an IMAP set-up then sent items from either phone will be pushed back to the email accounts sent items folder however the phones themselves, if using BIS, you'll only get the contents of the inbox pushed to both phones.

If you're using POP3 then the same would be true except if you wanted to keep a complete record in your computer email client you'd have to put a BCC in and send the sent emails to yourself as well.
    02-07-10 05:24 PM
    Ok cool! That makes sense.

Thanks!
    02-07-10 07:48 PM
    Good point, Mark.
    02-08-10 03:19 AM
    I have just got my 9700 after upgrading from the 9000
    I have same email account on both phones
    If I decide to use the 9000 again one day will I get like 10000 emails sent to me? Or does the system know I've got them and not send them to both devices with one lot being queued....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 04:07 AM
    If you don't delete them on handset and server, you will probably get 10,000 emails
    02-08-10 04:29 AM
    Good Point F0nage, I have had this happen to me. But now I switch devices so often that its never a problem.
    02-08-10 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD