One of my BES users came to me with a problem with his auto signature and it has me a little stumped. He set it up with his name on one line, phone numbers on separate lines, and a quote at the bottom. However when he saves and sends an email out all that is there is his name. We changed the name on the top line to see if only the top line was showing up, and again it said his regular name, so it's not sending the auto signature at all. I deleted the auto sig and turned it off, sent an email, and yet again his name is at the bottom. And the name is different from the name at the lock screen (the attached name is Rank First Last, the lock screen is just Rank Last).

From talking to him he said there is one other he knows of that has the same problem, both of them running 8830's on the BES, Sprint as the phone service. Any ideas what could be causing this?
    04-25-09 07:44 AM
    Anyone have any ideas?
    04-26-09 08:17 AM
    Is it possible he has an autosignature enabled in Outlook that is sending his name?
    04-26-09 11:52 AM
    I assume it's a corporate account. Make sure the email on his server doesn't have his name as his signature.

Are you going to sprint.blackberry.com in order to edit his account?

If so, try this
    Delete the account
    send service books
    add the account again
    fix the signature
    send service books again

Also, does he have multiple emails on his bb? If so, check to see if that happens from all of his email accounts.

If none of this helps, email me the phone number and account number. pm me for an email. do not pm me the account info.
    04-26-09 12:33 PM
    Jeff, his Outlook signature is the one he is trying to get show up on the BlackBerry, so that one isn't what is showing up.

Austin, I hadn't gone to sprint.blackberry but I'll look there and see if I see anything. He only has one email account set up on his BB, but I know that he's tried to "optimize" things, as he has multiple address books setup in Outlook and changed the background on the compose email screen (that one was actually new to me). When I get back to work I'll check sprint.bb and any signature he may have set up on the server.

if anyone else has any ideas let me know, I have tomorrow off so I'll be hitting it hard on Tuesday and would like any ideas possible
    04-26-09 01:33 PM
    Jeff, his Outlook signature is the one he is trying to get show up on the BlackBerry, so that one isn't what is showing up.

Austin, I hadn't gone to sprint.blackberry but I'll look there and see if I see anything. He only has one email account set up on his BB, but I know that he's tried to "optimize" things, as he has multiple address books setup in Outlook and changed the background on the compose email screen (that one was actually new to me). When I get back to work I'll check sprint.bb and any signature he may have set up on the server.

if anyone else has any ideas let me know, I have tomorrow off so I'll be hitting it hard on Tuesday and would like any ideas possible

That's the problem, his outlook signature will not show up when sent from a BB. You will need to go to the sprint bb website here Sprint BB Email
    You may need to create a new account or use his existing. If it was never set up in there, sometimes you will need to call tech support to have them release the pin. Then you can edit settings for the email address he has on his blackberry like getting rid of the note that says "sent via blackberry on the sprint network" etc.

From there you can set up filters, edit signatures, and include things like an auto cc or bcc line. Good luck.
    04-26-09 01:37 PM
    Now why would he need to do that but no one else does? I myself only have my signature set up on outlook and on my BB and it shows up just fine. in fact we haven't used the sprint BB website at all for anyone (unless he did it and we don't know about it)
    04-26-09 01:51 PM
    Now why would he need to do that but no one else does? I myself only have my signature set up on outlook and on my BB and it shows up just fine. in fact we haven't used the sprint BB website at all for anyone (unless he did it and we don't know about it)
    To be honest... most likely because he didn't actually set a bb signature but everybody else was familiar enough to know how to do it properly. You said you have it set up on outlook and on your BB, he probably only has it in outlook. It's a fairly commonly overlooked mistake, but it happens.
    04-26-09 01:54 PM
    It's on there because I went on there myself and saw it. We turned it off and it still attached his name. You've really got me wondering about if he went to the Sprint BB site so I'll find that out
    04-26-09 03:33 PM
    I don't get the Sprint website references� I thought the sig problem was a BES issue? How would the Sprint BIS website affect that signature? What am I missing? :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 08:05 PM
    i knew the website was for the BIS but we had issues (different issues) with someone else who set up a BIS account with their BES and it messed up the messages part, so you never know. He disabled the signature from Outlook and from another email address that is linked to our work accounts (it's an Army wide email that they have to reference to our hospital accounts) and still has the problem. And he never went to the BIS account. I'm going to try wiping his BB and removing him from the BES all together and see if that helps.
    04-28-09 08:47 AM
    Not sure how exactly, but figured out what the problem is. His signature wasn't showing up on the BES, even after wiping the device, reactivating it, and recreating the auto signature. So after manually entering it it's good to go now. Now to start collecting everyone's signature blocks that have an 8830... I tested another WE and they had the same issue, so it's a collective device issue for some odd reason. If anyone knows why let me know, but if not, problem "solved."
    04-28-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD