So I received one of those annoying courtesy calls from Bell so when he asked me if I like my current phone and am interested in an upgrade I asked if they have any news on the KeyONE. He said (and i'm paraphrasing here) that a lot people have been asking about it and it's an awesome phone but they're not sure when it's coming in.

I was actually surprised to hear him speak so positively about a BlackBerry but not sure if he was being honest or if he was just appeasing me as a Bell mobility customer. Has anyone else been getting positive vibes outside of the crackberry community?

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 09:24 AM
    The call was from a salesman. He didn't call to sell you the key one. He also doesn't want make you mad while he's looking for positive comments. He gave no specifics and pigeon holed your question and surely moved right back to his sales pitch.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 09:40 AM
    Different carrier, different phone, but encouraging none-the-less.

In December I upgraded by Classic to a PRIV. I live in a small town - 7 thousand-ish including surrounding area.
    I asked the clerk if they were moving many PRIVs. Since the PRIV had been $0 on a 2 year contract for about 6 months from our carrier I wasn't surprised when the clerk said that yes, they are fairly popular.

By comparison, this store still had a Passport on the shelf - she couldn't remember the last time they had moved one, but the PRIVs are moving.

Unfortunately, there's no sign of the DTEKs. I don't know about the status of the KeyONE, as it hadn't been announced at the time.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-17-17 09:41 AM
    From my experiences, Bell representatives are quite good with their customer service and positive attitude.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-17-17 11:28 AM
    They are not going to diss on a device, they know they are sometimes being listened to by the bosses and they don't want to lose any sales.

I used to work for a private research company that was contracted by my province's big provider and we knew when the brass was listening to check up on us because you could always hear a little "click" on the line usually near the beginning of a customer satisfaction survey.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-17-17 12:07 PM
    He was being a salesman. He positively reinforced your choices so you have a better positive overall impression of your choice and him and customer experience.
    03-17-17 12:18 PM
    Good to hear from a carrier. Just yesterday I was in a local mall and checked out some of the phone stores there:
    - Bell store told me they don't carry BlackBerry anymore and won't be getting them.
    - The Source (owned by Bell) says they have no demand for BlackBerry, and won't be getting them
    - Koodo said the Priv was the kind of thing "they give away as promo's" and won't be carrying any BB
    -Virgin doesn't carry BB anymore

All tried to push a Samsung (The A5 maybe?).

Honestly, I think only The Source even realized BlackBerry still made phones.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 08:30 PM
    Well, I haven't spoke to any carriers but I do have over 1000 "friends " on Facebook and there seems to be a bit of buzz....im not staying it's crazy but I'm starting to feel the come back.
    03-19-17 09:29 PM