Hey folks!

This thread was inspired by the fact every single day I see a thread about how there are sales staff bashing the hell out of BlackBerry. I'm a strong believer in positive thinking! Unfortunately, people are more prone to broadcast a negative experience they've had with sales staff.

So I have decided I want to dedicate a thread to positive encounters you've had with sales staff regarding buying a BlackBerry or just the fact you own a BlackBerry. I'll start:

Twice I've had really great experiences with sales staff when they noticed my BlackBerry. I live in Central Canada, far away from the influential West and especially East Coasts. But both times, once at Wireless Wave and once at the Source, the sales staff noticed I had a Q10 and asked me hesitantly how I liked my BlackBerry.

I straight away answered that I loved it and wouldn't replace it with anything else. In response, they pulled out, both times, their Z10s and said how much they liked their BlackBerrys too. Both mentioned how it was really a great phone, mentioning things like multitasking and the hub and saying how they wished more people would come to realize this. The guy at Wireless Wave also had a HTC One but the other guy was rockin' a Z10 solo.

It was refreshing getting a positive opinion from some who has the power to influence other's purchasing choice. Please, leave your own story about a positive experience you've had with sales staff!
    Vorkosigan and fanisk like this.
    09-25-13 02:17 PM
    I also had a really good experience walking in several stores here in Montreal. I went in with an iPhone acting like I wanted to purchase a new phone.

I went to Virgin first and the guy actually recommended the Z10 as a replacement. I told him that I heard BlackBerry was doing badly bad that there were no apps. He looked at me with a confused look and told me that it was not true. Told me that he was selling a lot of these phones and that there are new apps added everyday.

Tried the same at a Telus store. The guy who served me saw me playing with the demo Z10 and said "Are you looking to upgrade ? ". I told him I was just checking out other phones because I was bored with my iPhone. He took the Z10 and started showing me all the features: Hub, fast browser, reader mode, camera, etc. I didn't even have to push him. He was going on and on about how this operating system is fast and smooth and more advanced than anything out there.

Other stores had generally positive views, but did not push the phone as much as Virgin and Telus...I had no negativity from anyone, even when I was saying negative things.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    knownastron and Vorkosigan like this.
    09-25-13 02:32 PM
    I had a good chat with a sales rep at Target. She said all the staff (electronics staff? Didn't get her to clarify) were given Z10's and she loves it.

I also went into a Source store and asked about the Z10. The sales rep didn't know a lot about it - this was in early Feb. - but she didn't try to talk me out of it at all. Happy to show me their demo phone and would get answers to any questions I had.

My husband sells phones at Best Buy mobile and he's as happy to sell a Z10 as Galaxy or Note or S4 or iPhone. He tries to meet the customers needs. And if someone has a question about BB10 he can't answer - he sends me a text.

Posted via CB10
    knownastron likes this.
    09-25-13 05:11 PM
    I had a great experience at BJ's Wholesale club in Connecticut, USA. Verizon kiosk employee had a Z10 he loved his device and was doing a great job promoting it. First time in a long time a sales representative in the US didn't bash Blackberry.
    knownastron likes this.
    09-25-13 05:21 PM