• 1 Post By Shanerredflag
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask me!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Positive article on BGR

Am I dreaming?

Three reasons to root for RIM | BGR

I'm a long time crackberry reader, seldom poster. I've followed the site pretty closely for the past year regarding the launch of the new BB10 platform. At the same time, I went on BGR to gauge the "opposition" reactions to the different news and leaks. As most of you have noticed, there is a positive trend going on about the "sentiment" towards RIM with the Jan 30th launch approaching. However, I find that the linked article takes it up a notch when the author actually acknowledges that he's been negatively biased at RIM, and gives us die hard blackberry fans the "right" to rub it in his face if (and I hope that's the case) RIM makes and grand come back on the mobile scene.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by kemayou; 01-23-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Pearl 8100 > Storm 9530 > Torch 9800 > Torch 9810 > Z10!!
    Playbook 16GB
    pantlesspenguin and G-bone like this.
    BlackBerry Diva

I think I wish you would post the article instead of the link, because I never go on bgr.com .
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    gokulesh likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask me!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

@TequilaAddict: For your viewing pleasure

12:10 PM
    I have expressed skepticism that RIM (RIMM) will really be able to pull off an epic comeback and reestablish BlackBerry as a legitimate contender with the iPhone and the barrage of Android smartphones that get released every year. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want it to happen. Quite the contrary, I’m hoping that RIM proves all us nasty skeptics wrong, defies the odds and produces a big hit with the BlackBerry Z10 that’s set to be released over the next couple of months.

So why am I rooting for RIM even if I’m dubious of its prospects for success? Three specific reasons come to mind.

First, I think the mobile market will benefit from having a third option besides iOS and Android, and it doesn’t look as though Microsoft (MSFT) is up to the task just yet. Sure, Windows Phone devices have started to make some progress in Europe, but in North America the platform’s market share has remained largely flat despite the large piles of money Microsoft is spending to promote it. This gives RIM an opportunity to elbow itself into the discussion in the United States and Canada as a legitimate contender for consumers who have moved on to iOS or Android but who still miss their BlackBerry phones of old.

Second, I think CEO Thorsten Heins has some interesting and ambitious ideas for where he’d like to take the company in the future. Sure, there are times when I can’t tell whether he really has a plan to boldly remake BlackBerry or is just insane, but when I hear him talk about integrating BlackBerry 10 into cars, I am intrigued. Heins is also easy to root for when you consider how well he’s played the thoroughly lousy hand he was dealt when he took over as RIM CEO last year — the fact that he’s generated significant support from both carriers and app developers at a time when it looked like the company could collapse at any moment has been impressive.

And finally, I’ve come to really love RIM’s crazy fans over the past year, even if they don’t like me all that much. Every time I’ve written a post critical of RIM or BlackBerry, they were there to immediately pounce on me, declare me a hopeless “iSheep” and tell me how stupid I’ll feel when RIM emerges triumphant and stomps all over the iPhone and Android. I’m not sure such dedication to a product is emotionally healthy, but it is something I have to respect and I hope that BlackBerry 10 will, at the very least, make RIM’s loyal and long-suffering fans happy.

So now’s the time, RIM. Next week will be your chance to make me look like a fool for ever doubting the power of BlackBerry 10. And for all the reasons I listed above, I hope you take it.

source: http://bgr.com/2013/01/23/rim-comeback-hopes-301991
    Last edited by kemayou; 01-23-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Included source
    Pearl 8100 > Storm 9530 > Torch 9800 > Torch 9810 > Z10!!
    Playbook 16GB
    Thanked by 4:
    G-bone (01-23-2013),  Prince_Poppycock (01-24-2013),  Denise in Los Angeles (01-23-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (01-23-2013) 

Global Posts
    23,390 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

full read

I have expressed skepticism that RIM (RIMM) will really be able to pull off an epic comeback and reestablish BlackBerry as a legitimate contender with the iPhone and the barrage of Android smartphones that get released every year. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want it to happen. Quite the contrary, I’m hoping that RIM proves all us nasty skeptics wrong, defies the odds and produces a big hit with the BlackBerry Z10 that’s set to be released over the next couple of months.
    So why am I rooting for RIM even if I’m dubious of its prospects for success? Three specific reasons come to mind.

First, I think the mobile market will benefit from having a third option besides iOS and Android, and it doesn’t look as though Microsoft (MSFT) is up to the task just yet. Sure, Windows Phone devices have started to make some progress in Europe, but in North America the platform’s market share has remained largely flat despite the large piles of money Microsoft is spending to promote it. This gives RIM an opportunity to elbow itself into the discussion in the United States and Canada as a legitimate contender for consumers who have moved on to iOS or Android but who still miss their BlackBerry phones of old.

Second, I think CEO Thorsten Heins has some interesting and ambitious ideas for where he’d like to take the company in the future. Sure, there are times when I can’t tell whether he really has a plan to boldly remake BlackBerry or is just insane, but when I hear him talk about integrating BlackBerry 10 into cars, I am intrigued. Heins is also easy to root for when you consider how well he’s played the thoroughly lousy hand he was dealt when he took over as RIM CEO last year — the fact that he’s generated significant support from both carriers and app developers at a time when it looked like the company could collapse at any moment has been impressive.

And finally, I’ve come to really love RIM’s crazy fans over the past year, even if they don’t like me all that much. Every time I’ve written a post critical of RIM or BlackBerry, they were there to immediately pounce on me, declare me a hopeless “iSheep” and tell me how stupid I’ll feel when RIM emerges triumphant and stomps all over the iPhone and Android. I’m not sure such dedication to a product is emotionally healthy, but it is something I have to respect and I hope that BlackBerry 10 will, at the very least, make RIM’s loyal and long-suffering fans happy.

So now’s the time, RIM. Next week will be your chance to make me look like a fool for ever doubting the power of BlackBerry 10. And for all the reasons I listed above, I hope you take it.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Thanked by 2:
    Denise in Los Angeles (01-23-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (01-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    CHED myself. My still alive!!!

Here you go.....

MOBILE January 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM by Brad Reed
    I have expressed skepticism that RIM (RIMM) will really be able to pull off an epic comeback and reestablish BlackBerry as a legitimate contender with the iPhone and the barrage of Android smartphones that get released every year. But that doesnít mean I donít want it to happen. Quite the contrary, Iím hoping that RIM proves all us nasty skeptics wrong, defies the odds and produces a big hit with the BlackBerry Z10 thatís set to be released over the next couple of months.

So why am I rooting for RIM even if Iím dubious of its prospects for success? Three specific reasons come to mind.

First, I think the mobile market will benefit from having a third option besides iOS and Android, and it doesnít look as though Microsoft (MSFT) is up to the task just yet. Sure, Windows Phone devices have started to make some progress in Europe, but in North America the platformís market share has remained largely flat despite the large piles of money Microsoft is spending to promote it. This gives RIM an opportunity to elbow itself into the discussion in the United States and Canada as a legitimate contender for consumers who have moved on to iOS or Android but who still miss their BlackBerry phones of old.

Second, I think CEO Thorsten Heins has some interesting and ambitious ideas for where heíd like to take the company in the future. Sure, there are times when I canít tell whether he really has a plan to boldly remake BlackBerry or is just insane, but when I hear him talk about integrating BlackBerry 10 into cars, I am intrigued. Heins is also easy to root for when you consider how well heís played the thoroughly lousy hand he was dealt when he took over as RIM CEO last year ó the fact that heís generated significant support from both carriers and app developers at a time when it looked like the company could collapse at any moment has been impressive.

And finally, Iíve come to really love RIMís crazy fans over the past year, even if they donít like me all that much. Every time Iíve written a post critical of RIM or BlackBerry, they were there to immediately pounce on me, declare me a hopeless ďiSheepĒ and tell me how stupid Iíll feel when RIM emerges triumphant and stomps all over the iPhone and Android. Iím not sure such dedication to a product is emotionally healthy, but it is something I have to respect and I hope that BlackBerry 10 will, at the very least, make RIMís loyal and long-suffering fans happy.

So nowís the time, RIM. Next week will be your chance to make me look like a fool for ever doubting the power of BlackBerry 10. And for all the reasons I listed above, I hope you take it.*
    Thanked by:
    Denise in Los Angeles (01-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    CHED myself. My still alive!!!

Too slow on the draw. Lol.
    BlackBerry Diva

Thanks everyone! I'm happy to see the positive articles about BB10! One week to go!!!
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AA07827

Not sure if I'd call this a positive article. It's more like a hedge my bets ..."I hope I'm wrong"... article. There isn't even a shred of information that might suggest he's convinced. He's just looking at the waves and writing something in case they come crashing on his iNcampment.

I guess this is as close to a "positive" article as one can expect from BGR. And at least he did admit that folks like him have been "nasty".
    CrackBerry Abuser

We knew that all along, don't we ..
  10. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

Hey , could someone please post the full article??
    jesse_h likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

Truth, I don't know why he just didn't say CrackBerry Nation. While I don't think we need to go Apple and Android/Samsung stomping (although members have suggested destroying an iToy on January 30th), I do agree with him that I think BlackBerry fans do appreciate a bit of acknowledgement from RIM and hope BB10 gives us that feeling that it was worth waiting for, we know they've been working very hard as well.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,272 Global Posts
    PIN
    G-14 classified / PM me

As far as crushing Apple or Android, those two platforms are the farthest thing from my mind. I'm 100% focused on BB10 performing as I hope (know) it will and forfilling my business needs. I won't be wasting my time posting on "their" respective sites. If (when) BB10 delivers, "they" will know.
    "DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE...IF YOUR AWESOME!" Rhino
    AtoZBlog and jesse_h like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Positive article on BGR

I will be new to Blackberry with Blackberry 10. (Besides a work Blackberry a few years ago). Has BGR not been kind to Blackberry and Rim in the past?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold357 View Post
    I will be new to Blackberry with Blackberry 10. (Besides a work Blackberry a few years ago). Has BGR not been kind to Blackberry and Rim in the past?
    Just the opposite, Just Google "RIM is dead"! That was a beauty!
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Houshinto View Post
    Not sure if I'd call this a positive article. It's more like a hedge my bets ..."I hope I'm wrong"... article. There isn't even a shred of information that might suggest he's convinced. He's just looking at the waves and writing something in case they come crashing on his iNcampment.

I guess this is as close to a "positive" article as one can expect from BGR. And at least he did admit that folks like him have been "nasty".
    And that's exactly what it is houshinto.

It's a disclaimer to everything he has written incase it does work out. Seems to be common lately, all of the usual suspects like Misek putting it out there to portray themselves of atleast once saying that they hope or think it has a chance. Just so they can say they said that too. The article for this thread doesn't give any hard evidence atall. He doesn't even tell us why he thinks thorsten is "insane".

What a JOKE. Typical BGR trying to cover all bases at the last second. That whole Site has been a farce for years, and especially during the RIM rebuilding process. I for one will not count him in the books as ever truly coming out and saying without excuses that he expected and hoped for RIM to succeed. I imagine that will be the spin he will put on blogs after launch and refer back to articles like this.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Great read...thanks for sharing.
    kemayou likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

Brad Reed seems to be the less extreme contributor to BGR too, so that's nice.