Both blackberryfaq.com and blackberryforums.com are down currently. Does anyone happen to know what is going on with them? I see that they are both hosted by the same person.
    Last edited by sunkast; 03-12-08 at 10:59 PM.
    03-12-08 10:57 PM
    no clue... maybe they didnt pay the bill? lol Or perhaps their host is having problems.
    03-12-08 11:05 PM
    It appears to be a network issue, either a dos attack, a router is down, or something more serious. It happens to everyone eventually. They will probably be back online in a few hours.
    03-12-08 11:06 PM
    Both of those sites....as much as I hate to say it...go down rather frequently...not sure as to why,but they usually don't stay down too long.
    03-12-08 11:36 PM
    I know BBFAQ was down this morning as well so it sounds like these issues have been all day.
    03-12-08 11:56 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. This is the first that I've seen BBFAQ down. Kind of stinks when you want to link a newbie to an article on there with instructions.
    03-13-08 12:08 AM
    Thanks for the info guys. This is the first that I've seen BBFAQ down. Kind of stinks when you want to link a newbie to an article on there with instructions.
    Yeah same here. That how I found out as well.
    03-13-08 12:17 AM
    Last edited by John Clark; 03-13-08 at 09:37 AM.
    03-13-08 12:50 AM
    Both of those sites....as much as I hate to say it...go down rather frequently...not sure as to why,but they usually don't stay down too long.

BBF hasn't been down since the server was replaced a few months ago. It's been very fast and very reliable (until today)
    03-13-08 12:53 AM
    Thanks for the update John!
    03-13-08 12:53 AM
    Yeah thanks for the update. Sad to hear that they lost all of the data. I guess I should go grab some of the info from google's cache.
    03-13-08 12:57 AM
    Wow a post by john clark!
    Does that answer your question sunkast?
    I will have to check out these sites when they are up again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-08 12:57 AM
    Backups are done weekly I think, so most likely the most that will be lost is a week. This is unfortunate, for sure, but we'll recover and keep on crackin' over there too.
    03-13-08 12:59 AM
    Backups are done weekly I think, so most likely the most that will be lost is a week. This is unfortunate, for sure, but we'll recover and keep on crackin' over there too.
    If the server is configured in RAID, a single hard drive failure would not cause data loss, and could be replaced "on the fly" without even taking down the server. Even a server configured in RAID 5 would require 2 simultaneous HD failures for data to be lost, and the need for a restore from backup.

And a backup only once a week?? - if this was discovered within a large firm, all the IT staff would be castrated.
    03-13-08 06:08 AM
    IAnd a backup only once a week?? - if this was discovered within a large firm, all the IT staff would be castrated.
    castrated
    what.. even the women..
    03-13-08 07:13 AM
    castrated
    what.. even the women..
    Indeed, that might be a bit tricky
    03-13-08 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD