I was at Future Shop yesterday looking for a BlackBerry Music Gateway. They had one on display under a plexiglass cover with a 7" LCD monitor playing some demo video on it.

I took a look around and the device was nowhere to be seen, so I asked the sales person if they had any.

He wasn't sure what I was talking about at first so he came around the corner to have a look. And I say around the corner because the Z10/Q10 display is literally right around the corner in a dark area of the shelves. It's the most tragic little display I've seen. All the accessories are down at shin height and there's virtually nothing to attract anyone to it.

Once the salesperson clued into what I was looking for, he replied with "I don't think we've had those here for quite a while". He checked the website where it was once again nowhere to be found. His colleague found the Web ID for it and a search by that number yielded zero results.

There was no stock at either of teh two Future Shop stores and I guess it's a non-stock item, despite a (crappy little) display being dedicated to it.

Why the heck hasn't BlackBerry stepped up and put a little more effort into their retail presence?
    06-28-13 05:53 PM
    Poor point of sale marketing. A major problem in the USA.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    06-28-13 09:17 PM