So one of my co-workers owns a Curve. The problem is, he treats it like ****. He has no case, no skin, nothing to protect it...yet he'll sit down and start twirling his phone on the table, slide it across the table (or even the floor), and god knows what else.
    One day, he walked out of the room, leaving his berry on the table. I went to take a look at it and the the back of it was so scratched you could barely tell what color it was supposed to be (red). The front of it was scratched as well, the screen was cracked...the trackball was dirty, and the whole thing felt sticky (like someone had spilled soda all over it).
    So yesterday he started twirling his phone on the table and I said "What are you doing?" he didn't say anything back so I said "You know, you don't even deserve to have a blackberry. Why don't you go get some crap samsung or nokia phone if you're going to treat it like that."

Now everyone thinks I'm crazy.
    05-01-08 07:32 AM
    It's a phone. Some people just are not all that concerned about aesthetics, and just care that the thing works.
    05-01-08 07:40 AM
    BlackBerry abuse is a terrible thing.
    05-01-08 07:47 AM
    It's a phone. Some people just are not all that concerned about aesthetics, and just care that the thing works.
    Yeah, that's true. Ultimately, it is just a phone.. we just like to take care of ours better.
    05-01-08 08:06 AM
    I totally understand you. I get the same way when I see thinks like that. I fact people know better than to mistreat their phone around me know. LOL!!! But unfortunately like amazinglygraceless said there are people out there that only care that the phone works.
    05-01-08 08:10 AM
    that's soo sad...and i agree with you he doesnt deserve one...and this is a safe place no one here thinks youre crazy...or else we're all crazy too! lol
    05-01-08 08:17 AM
    Is there a berry abuse number we can call on him lol
    05-01-08 08:18 AM
    To some people it is just a phone. I would never treat my 8820 that way. But I did beat the **** out of my old Blackjack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 08:24 AM
    Yeah, that's true. Ultimately, it is just a phone.. we just like to take care of ours better.
    Sorry if that (my first post in this thread) came out kinda snarky (not enough coffee yet). From day one my curve has been in a BSE and a clear case, so I do understand taking care of it. There are just some people that see it as a tool and as long as the tool works they don't care what it looks like.
    05-01-08 08:30 AM
    Sorry if that (my first post in this thread) came out kinda snarky (not enough coffee yet). From day one my curve has been in a BSE and a clear case, so I do understand taking care of it. There are just some people that see it as a tool and as long as the tool works they don't care what it looks like.
    OH, i know.. LOL, i meant that ALL of us CB-addicted BB users know to take better care of our berries..
    05-01-08 08:36 AM
    I used to be very careful with mine. Used cases, skins, screen protectors etc.

Now I go totally naked. I enjoy it much more. I figure I can always just replace it if something catastrophic happens.
    05-01-08 08:44 AM
    Blackberry's can take the abuse. You try that with other phones, you will go through a few phones a year. I love my BB...
    05-01-08 08:48 AM
    Blackberry's can take the abuse. You try that with other phones, you will go through a few phones a year. I love my BB...
    this is true
    i mean i go "naked" and i do occasionally drop my bb, but this dude is obviously lame...probably doesnt even have data(gasp!)
    I figure I can always just replace it if something catastrophic happens.
    you're no crazier than i am
    05-01-08 10:45 AM
    BLACKBERRY SOCIAL SERVICES? I treat everything well and I HATE having scratches on my stuff. I hate it when my friends/brother drop their phones...
    05-01-08 11:14 AM
    We should do an intervention! Clearly he isn't well!
    05-01-08 11:16 AM
    maybe he's a mobolygamist
    more than one phone !!!
    05-01-08 12:02 PM
    Send him here ASAP!!!
    05-01-08 12:12 PM
    When I read your first comment I was like "OMGWTF...just a phone?"

Besides the fact that it upsets me that he would treat such a wonderful piece of technology that way, I would think that HE would want to treat it well and keep it in good condition, considering how not-cheap they can be...

He smells bad anyways.
    05-01-08 12:53 PM
    this is true
    ...this dude is obviously lame...probably doesnt even have data(gasp!)
    Correct on both counts.
    05-01-08 12:58 PM
    Thats crazy.. Pretty good looking (and NOT cheap) phone and to be treating it like that?

THan yeah get some 20 dollar phone and do it to that... I like my phone to look nice and clean.
    05-01-08 01:19 PM
    I've got an invisishield on mine, im pretty rough it with it. Tough Love FTW
    05-01-08 01:21 PM
    First thing I did (well after drooling over my new Pearl snort) was buy a OEM silicone case (and WHY doesn't RIM make a silicone case in the amythyst of the Pearl? GRR), a clear hard case and screen protector (still waiting on those from Ebay), and a backup battery door.

Of course, I am that way with all my stuff - my iPods are protected, my iPod Touch has a screen protector, and when I had my KRZR it drove me nuts to always polish it.
    05-01-08 02:01 PM
    I've got an invisishield on mine, im pretty rough it with it. Tough Love FTW
    True holla. BSE + tough love = FTW.

If he got a new phone I'd rather buy him a BSE than see it turn out like this again.
    05-01-08 09:49 PM
    Well... it may be just a phone, but they'll be at the the AT&T store asking for a new/cheap upgrade as they aren't eligible for a full discounted upgrade.

I for one like to take care of my berries. I don't even put them on my lap while driving anymore... The phones before, the ones I didn't care about would always find their way to the concrete floor.
    05-01-08 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD