I am a Blackberry user of 6 months. In that time I have experienced the worst performance ever when trying to make and receive calls all over the UK. Provider is Orange. First they replaced an 8800 with the 8820. Hasn't really made any difference. Problems are intermittent poor reception when making and receiving calls, dropped calls, broken reception, unable to connect at all (handset is dead despite "connecting" showing on the screen). Would say that I experience problems with approx. 7 calls out of 10 to other mobile providers and landlines. Fortunately, e-mail appears to send and receive OK.

Been with Orange for over 15 years and never had any problems with several handsets. Most recent prior to the Blackberry 8820 was a Nokia 6230i which was bullet-proof.

Would never recommend the 8820 handset ever!

Anyone had similar problems in the UK with the 8820?

Keen to hear from you....
    12-24-07 09:55 AM
    make sure you got the latest OS for the 8820 when performance gets bad try a battery pull my 8800 was bad then i uped the OS and worked great. in gernal i would say any BB iv owned or seen has better service than nonBB
    12-24-07 11:19 AM
    I dont know,sounds like the network and not the blackberry,ive never heard of a blackberry acting that poorly.
    12-24-07 06:03 PM
    I dont know,sounds like the network and not the blackberry,ive never heard of a blackberry acting that poorly.
    I agree, it makes me think network and not blackberry. What do your bars normally show during those situations?
    12-25-07 10:47 AM
    Bars are inconsitent. I can have 5/5 or 1/5, 2/5 and still experience terrble performance. 5/5 does not always give good reception.
    12-26-07 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD