View Poll Results: Do you like the N series design?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's exactly what I was hoping for!

33 48.53%
  • I'm worried about the straight keyboard.

28 41.18%
  • It needed a trackpad and call buttons.

14 20.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Personally I think the N series leak, if it is real is kind of ugly and I am thinking the straight keyboard might be a step backwards so L series for me. What does the CrackBerry nation think?[YT][/YT]
    09-27-12 08:55 PM
    That is exactly what I'm going to do as well. I was really disappointed when I saw it. I know it's a leaked one but even though it's not gonna change much even the final version. Better go for the L series.
    09-27-12 08:58 PM
    It just doesn't look right without a trackpad and front 4 buttons.. It's almost a downgrade in terms of hardware compared to the 9900/30 becasue it is taking away from what is currently there.. it's kinda weird how that is.. Having a lone keyboard is almost like an add on because it's just extra. You will only use it when you type and hopefully for short cuts.. It might just take some time to get used to..

One of the main reasons I use a BlackBerry is because of the keyboard. I can't just have all touchscreen. It gets really frustrating at times using all touchscreen.. So I will probably go with the keyboard model no matter how it looks..At least the software will be nice.
    09-27-12 09:07 PM
    You should have made that poll unbiased towards your personal approach. The answers should have been "Yes" and "No", and then explain in the comments why. Do not insert your opinion into the choices.
    09-27-12 09:14 PM
    People have to realize that the "Blackberry" and "back" button are no longer needed with the new OS. The functionality is in the OS. That leaves a call and hangup button. Well that can be done with swipes(as in the video) or buttons that appear in the screen. Therefore all that is missing is the trackball. Guess what, you have a screen now. Using the new OS with the Dev Alpha device, I think RIM got the N series right. The keys in the L series are straight across and they work, so why not the physical?
    09-27-12 09:24 PM
    As a 9900 user I would have liked to see a trackpad (though I still hold out for some kind of virtualized solution). Failing that, I like the N series. If anything, it displays more character than the L series.
    09-27-12 09:31 PM
    People have to realize that the "Blackberry" and "back" button are no longer needed with the new OS. The functionality is in the OS. That leaves a call and hangup button. Well that can be done with swipes(as in the video) or buttons that appear in the screen. Therefore all that is missing is the trackball. Guess what, you have a screen now. Using the new OS with the Dev Alpha device, I think RIM got the N series right. The keys in the L series are straight across and they work, so why not the physical?
    You just changed my whole perspective. I never really looked at it that way. Like Thor said in the keynote, once you are in you're in. Everything is accessible at the swipe of a finger. So there is really no need for call buttons and a trackpad becasue there is no scrolling, it's all just right there. That's awesome! It's just someting new all BB users have to adapt too, but I think the OS will be efficient and very easy to use!
    09-27-12 09:32 PM
    The reason the 9900 has a curved keyboard is because of the trackpad. The trackpad is bigger than the other button and the keyboard curves to fill in the extra space around the buttons. It's phone has no buttons, so it would look weird if the keyboard was curved and the phone had a big gap between the screen and the keyboard in the middle of the phone. It would be wasted space in the most important spot of the phone.

Tat being said, it does look weird, but that may be because its new.
    Bobert_123 and toneytone like this.
    09-27-12 09:38 PM
    I think it looks great. And why take up screen space with buttons that are definitely not needed?
    09-27-12 09:43 PM
    Loving the new keyboard, I think the straight keys are a good change, you must differentiate from the previous bold.
    09-27-12 09:43 PM
    Where is NO? Bad Poll options at best.
    ayekon likes this.
    09-27-12 09:45 PM
    OK I am getting very tired of this BS kind of post. No offense meant but we have seen 2 pictures of a phone. My answer is I want to go down to Verizon and hold each in my hand and try them out! Its one of the other for me but please stop with the BS based on what you see on a fuzzy pic.
    sahil123 likes this.
    09-27-12 09:46 PM
    You should have made that poll unbiased towards your personal approach. The answers should have been "Yes" and "No", and then explain in the comments why. Do not insert your opinion into the choices.
    Relax, its just for fun.
    09-27-12 09:54 PM
    OK I am getting very tired of this BS kind of post. No offense meant but we have seen 2 pictures of a phone. My answer is I want to go down to Verizon and hold each in my hand and try them out! Its one of the other for me but please stop with the BS based on what you see on a fuzzy pic.
    Nobody forced you to read, vote or respond. I am just curiousto whether people like the design and if not why.
    09-27-12 09:58 PM
    I don't think the qwerty design shown in the video is the final design for the N series. I think it's a placeholder render meant to approximate a BlackBerry 10 qwerty device for the purposes of the marketing pitch video. I'd bet money on it.
    09-27-12 10:54 PM
    Its a 9900 with bb10!! What not to like eh. Plus it has a bigger screen! WIN!
    toneytone likes this.
    09-27-12 11:15 PM
    It looks great as far as I'm concerned, but how does it work? If it works in the real world like we've seen in videos, then, yes, I will like the N series design.
    09-27-12 11:22 PM
    The most important feature about Blackberry to me has always been the physical keyboards, especially on the 9930. I'll probably go with the N series, but I'll also checkout the L series when they arrive. My guess is the qwerty keyboard will win me over.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-27-12 11:37 PM
    The most important feature about Blackberry to me has always been the physical keyboards, especially on the 9930. I'll probably go with the N series, but I'll also checkout the L series when they arrive. My guess is the qwerty keyboard will win me over.

Same here. Word for word.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk�
    09-27-12 11:49 PM
    I just hope they don't call it the L and N series when it finally debuts.. There is no real definitive description of what the device is about with just letters. With 9300 up to 9900 you kind of get an idea of what device you are using. And I don't think it would be very cool saying to people what phone you have.. I have the N series... lol
    Last edited by Maxey05; 09-27-12 at 11:57 PM.
    09-27-12 11:54 PM
    i'll buy both..
    then i'll give 2 sh@ts about others opinions..
    Masahiro and wolfee48 like this.
    09-28-12 12:01 AM
    I think it looks fine. I'll try out both, and then buy the one that works best for me. I love the physical QWERTY, but the on-screen keyboard of the L series seems to be nice as well, and with the text prediction, it seems like it could be very easy and fast to type on as well. I wonder if they will have some sort of text prediction for the N series as well, maybe at the bottom of the screen while typing, possibly PlayBook style, but I doubt it.
    09-28-12 12:09 AM
    Loving the new keyboard, I think the straight keys are a good change, you must differentiate from the previous bold.
    I like the keyboard. I don't know how I feel about a square screen though.
    09-28-12 12:29 AM
    The reason the 9900 has a curved keyboard is because of the trackpad. The trackpad is bigger than the other button and the keyboard curves to fill in the extra space around the buttons. It's phone has no buttons, so it would look weird if the keyboard was curved and the phone had a big gap between the screen and the keyboard in the middle of the phone. It would be wasted space in the most important spot of the phone.

Tat being said, it does look weird, but that may be because its new.

Additionally, the straight across keys allows for a relatively larger screen while not making the device too tall.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-28-12 12:54 AM
    Looks "okay" for now. Nothing really new in terms of the appearance of the cell.
    09-28-12 01:01 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD