• T Mobile

1 16.67%
  • Boost

0 0%
  • Metro PCS

0 0%
  • Virgin Mobile

0 0%
    Curious what is the real issue with the calling issues with Blackberry phones in general. I as well as others experience receiving calls and nothing happens-you hear nothing and they can hear you.
    Some people say it is the carriers issue-OS issue-phone issue.
    I figure it might be interesting to see other experiencing these problems to vote or tell what carrier they have.

Verizon
    ATT
    Sprint
    T Mobile
    Boost
    Metro
    Last edited by popeye; 07-18-12 at 08:37 AM.
    07-18-12 08:31 AM
    On my iPhone 4S on Rogers in the GTA I'd say 1 in 10 calls I have to hang up and try again
    On my 9790 on Rogers in the GTA I think I've had 5 or 6 issues since getting it a few months ago
    On my 9900 on the Rogers in the GTA Never had the issue
    On my 9670 on the Bell network, on Georgian bay, 1-5 calls can't connect because I don't have enough signal, yet when I do clarity is bar none the best out side of a 4watt phone.

As for your issues,
    Are you using BlueTooth?
    Are you using an in Car system?
    What OS are you running?
    07-18-12 08:35 AM
    NO Issues, AT&T Torch 9800 7/2011 - 7/2012, nor with current Bold 9900 7/12

NOR with GF's Verizon Tour, nor her son's tour, for last 2+ years, nor with her current 9930 for last 3 months

So . . . .
    07-18-12 08:36 AM
    I have never had calling issues with any of my BB's. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say that BB call quality is generally better than most other cell phones, especially iPhones.
    07-18-12 08:36 AM
    Another RIM hater thread. Stop already.
    07-18-12 08:49 AM
    No calling issues here (BB9900 was 9000 before - Vodafone/SFR - France).

P.S(1): Never done a battery pull since I set up the memory cleaning routine (6 months ago).
    P.S(2) : what the heck does the poll question mean ?
    P.S(3) : ... what am I doing here ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-18-12 at 08:52 AM.
    07-18-12 08:50 AM
    Another RIM hater thread. Stop already.
    Far from a hater. FYI-obviously everyone has their opinions and can be passionate.
    Ever get aggravated not getting an issue resolved?
    Well I am trying to find answers. Yes a lot more people with no problems out there, but there are problems.
    Hater no-would like to get resolved, yes.
    Been through 3 9930's-wnet to 9850 from Verizon as alternative and was worse-froze and calling issues. I have to pull battery almost every day to make sure I do not lose calls.
    Understand?
    07-18-12 09:21 AM
    I'm on Sprint and I don't have calling issues with any of the BlackBerry devices that I have owned. My family members have Androids and iphones with different carriers and that is a constant problem
    07-18-12 09:25 AM
    Far from a hater. FYI-obviously everyone has their opinions and can be passionate.
    Well I am trying to find answers. Yes a lot more people with no problems out there, but there are problems.
    Been through 3 9930's-wnet to 9850 from Verizon as alternative and was worse-froze and calling issues. I have to pull battery almost every day to make sure I do not lose calls.
    Understand?
    You have issues. Others don't have issues.

Blaming RIM doesn't solve your issues. Making weird polls won't solve your issues. Getting aggravated won't solve any issues either.

Don't go by what store salepeople tell you because they just want you to buy a phone.
    07-18-12 09:42 AM
    Understand?
    Yet, some have been asked details to help, some (I) even gave you a track to follow (in your initial post) ... but you keep ranting with zero returns. I seriously doubt you're in a resolution scenario ... "stop crying, act", says the team coach.
    07-18-12 09:47 AM
    This was a common issue for me on my 9930 through Verizon. Strangely, my BES 9650 through Verizon does not have the same issue.

I moved the line over to AT&T and got a 9900. No longer have the issue.
    07-18-12 09:48 AM
    No issues for me on AT&T.
    07-18-12 09:54 AM
    My 9930 has been occasionally receiving voice calls wherein there's no audio on either end.
    I have to do a battery pull to correct this.

I'd bet everything that it has nothing to do with VzW and it seems to be something that has recently 'broken' as far as the device's software goes: it never used to happen before.
    07-18-12 10:25 AM
    I never had calling issues on AT&T when I used a 9000 or a 9700.

The only calling issues I've ever had involve one friend who has VZW (he has an iPhone now but previously used a bunch of different feature phones, all of which had calling issues too). It is because VZW has a lousy signal in his apartment. It has nothing to do with his devices, nor mine.
    07-18-12 10:36 AM
    none of those carriers...
    07-18-12 11:53 AM
    AT&T for what seems like forever (over 12 years)

The only time I have ever had call issues was with one phone. That was the Nokia E62, which in my opinion is one of the worst phones ever made.

Never had an issue with the Nokia E71, 7 different BlackBerrys, or the Atrix.
    07-18-12 12:21 PM
    Calling issues?
    On Blackberrys no
    on iPhone4 yes
    07-18-12 12:21 PM
    Just today my call was disconnected while my Sprint 9930 showed 3 bars of reception. My client called back 3 times and each time I connected the call, but couldn't hear anything. I had to do a soft reset before I could call back. Extremely frustrating. I have no idea who is at fault and the carrier will want me to show them the problem, but the issue has come at random only 3-4 times (once while my GF was stranded when her car broke down and today while negotiating with a client).
    07-18-12 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD